Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a gt40 upper/lower intake and an explorer throttlebody for $275. everything looks to be in good shape and it looks like it was recently painted (i will probobly repaint it to match my car anyway). i wouldnt plan on using the tb due to the fact that i have a 70mm accufab but is this a good price for everything? i figure i might as well look into buying it while its for sale and i know where it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=180517667633

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've got my real Cobra mani with TFS spacer for $250usd shipped now. My son broke his ankle and Drs are damn $$$$ :/

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got my real Cobra mani with TFS spacer for $250usd shipped now. My son broke his ankle and Drs are damn $$$$ :/
ive never liked the look of a cobra intake, thats the only reason i dont think i want one. thanks anyway and ill pass the add on:bigthumbsup

Anyone else have an idea with the value of the gt40 im looking at?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Real tubular GT40 intakes sell on Ebay for $500 - $700 depending on condition. The Cobra and certainly the Exporer intakes sell for a whole lot less, like the $275 you mention.
I personaly feel that the tubular GT40 intake is the nicest looking intake available for our cars, however, others appear to out perform it.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Real tubular GT40 intakes sell on Ebay for $500 - $700 depending on condition. The Cobra and certainly the Exporer intakes sell for a whole lot less, like the $275 you mention.
I personaly feel that the tubular GT40 intake is the nicest looking intake available for our cars, however, others appear to out perform it.
thanks for the response:bigthumbsup ive been waiting to figure out if the price is reasonable.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Personally, I do not think it i reasonable. I paid $60 for my upper and lower intake, the only catch was I pulled it off the explorer myself at a junk yard. I would'nt pay more than $150 for both upper and lower. But if tahts really what people are charging, im going to start ripping them off and selling them

·
Registered
912 Posts
lol im able to get heads and the complete intake from a exploder for 200 all together im gonno go grab them and start selling them too lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.