Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on how to: tap a hole into the aluminum GT40 manifold so the air charge temp sensor will go in it.
I have a tap set and drill bits and also do i need a heli core set for the tap?

·
Registered
394 Posts
No need for the heli core. a 3/8 tap NPT (National Pipe Thread) Drill bit size needed is a 37/64 or a 9/16" which is what I use since the odd size 37/64 is hard to find.

Better to do this job with the intake off the car, there will be a lot of matrial being removed. Do not use high RPM's to drill out the hole, easy does it.

If you're running the coolant line to the Throttle Boby Spacer, drill and tap the boss at the back of the intake also. Same size.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that helps,I think for the water line on top of the manifold i'll put a fitting on there and attach it to the water pump.I dont use the water heater part of it and i dont have the big water heater box anymore anyways.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i am in the middle of a gt40 swap and got the intake on. and then saw that i had a problem with no air sensor port in the intake. being just air sensor i was thinking of installing it in the intake tube.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i am in the middle of a gt40 swap and got the intake on. and then saw that i had a problem with no air sensor port in the intake. being just air sensor i was thinking of installing it in the intake tube.

It's been done that way before with success. Other than having a restriction from the sensor it's doable.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
doesnt it not read the air temp correctly cause the computer is set a certain way or something like that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts