Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have gt40p heads with 1.6rr and a stock cam, i would like to get a bigger cam in this car but i think im gonna go the 1.7rr route instead, my question is about ordering them. would i order them the same way if they where e7 heads or is the gt40p a diffrent style, and which type do i have stock? i.e. stud mount-so on
also would i have any clearance issues from valve-piston with just the rr change out

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
You will need pedestal type.

Why do you want to change your ratio and cam? :im confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will need pedestal type.

Why do you want to change your ratio and cam? :im confused:
no i wanted to change my cam, get alittle more airflow and everything, but instead of tearing my engine all the way down, i just thought i would go with a 1.7 roller rocker and get more lift outta my stock cam that away

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
There is also the Crane cams but I like the Scorpions more cause "they rock you like a hurricane":bigthumbsup

·
Registered
394 Posts
i have gt40p heads with 1.6rr and a stock cam, i would like to get a bigger cam in this car but i think im gonna go the 1.7rr route instead, my question is about ordering them. would i order them the same way if they where e7 heads or is the gt40p a diffrent style, and which type do i have stock? i.e. stud mount-so on
also would i have any clearance issues from valve-piston with just the rr change out

Are you going to upgrade the intake with your new set up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts