Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I have recently picked up a set of GT40P's and just got to wondering which Mustang models they were originally factory fitted to? Anyone know?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh interesting. So what were the different types of heads that got fitted to the EFI Mustang variants over the years?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I dont know about the earlier ones for sure, but for the late fox's it was the e7(te?). Pretty anemic as far as flow goes, hence why everybody loves head swaps.

As to fitting a "p" head, you're going to need special headers, and you're going to have to run different plugs as well.

Hope it helps,
J

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no fear on that J... :cool:
I scored the E7 heads and HO intake with my Fairmont and yes, they're a shockingly restrictive combination that gets dumped by everyone down here who has any brains.
I have been prepared for the GT40P's for some time as the type of Pacemaker headers I installed 18 months ago fit the GT40P's just like the E7's so no need to change them again. The GT40P's are currently just awaiting some porting to match the Cobra intake I have for it and my car will at last breathe properly instead of like an asthmatic chihuahua. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.