Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally sold my motorcycle and I was going to get a supercharger from my current 2005 GT, but the more I think about it I may just go the GT500 route.

I can only reasonably afford either a 2007 or 2008 GT500 that is used. So my question is are there any significant changes from 07 to 08? The 07's are a better price for me but if the 08's were much different I should consider that.

Thanks!

·
Banned
813 Posts
I believe that NAV wasn't a factory option on the '07s, and possibly also the HID lights (not sure about the HID).
While I'm sure there were some other minor changes between '07-'08, the biggest thing I know of came along in '09; the revised flywheel and clutch. Because of the clutch issue, and not wanting to do TSBs at the dealer, I bought an '09 made after the improved clutch/flywheel was in regular use. I think it was updated after Oct. '08, but you can read up on that in the Team Shelby forums.

I think if you can get a low mileage '07 that hasn't been abused, then you'll be a happy camper. :)

·
Banned
701 Posts
Look around man you can get a 2008 the same price as 2007.. Both Nav and HID lights didn't become avail. until 2008..but as far as nav goes who cares, get the shaker 1000, it's way better then the shaker 500, and buy a ToM ToM for 120 bucks for directions:hihi:......

As far as clutch issues i heard they corrected them in late productions of 08's, but if you do buy one with the clutch problem, just have Ford fix it fo free my man...

My 2 cents, i wouldn't pay over 36k for a 2008, and thats with under 10k miles....Good Luck Man:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I am looking at a convertible only though so that adds a little and limits my options. I'm not in a rush to get one so I can patiently wait for the right deal.

·
Registered
509 Posts
nav is in the 07 i have it...

·
Banned
701 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Both Nav and HID lights didn't become available until 2008.
I heard they corrected the clutch issues in late '08 production.
Nav is in the '07. I have it in mine.
The Nav option was not listed in the '07 brochure but became available during the '07 model year. HID headlights and ambient lighting were both new options for '08. Clutch issue was addressed in October '08 (as stated above in this thread). My '08 GT500 was custom ordered the end of July '07 but was held up in production for the improved clutch and was not shipped until November.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.