Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas. So I just got some GT500 axle backs for my 2013 GT. It sounds so much better than stock. Deeper, louder, and better quality sound, but not obnoxious and 0 drone. I'm just wondering what a resonator delete would do and if it is worth it. Thanks!

·
Registered
415 Posts
BasedLelouch,

Volume (decibels) increase a little and the tone is a little more raw (mean). I hear no rasp either. Resonator deletes are common with the GT500's and sounds great imho. I installed over-the-axle (OTA) pipes from Lethal and I quite like the resonator-free sound. Be careful, though, because if you plan to delete your cats then you may want to put the resonators back in because drone and rasp (one or both) increase and make the exhaust note less than ideal. Both of these pesky issues depend on the type of axle-backs (chambered vs. straight-through).

HTH,

Chris

Reactions: my89foxbody

·
Registered
10,154 Posts
try the search for lots of old threads on this; removing the resonators with the GT500 mufflers is a pretty popular choice on these cars, lots of threads on that from back when the Coyote was new

·
Registered
415 Posts
BasedLeLouch,

YouTube has a lot of Coyote exhaust videos (and I have listened to just about all of them, lol). I forgot to mention that until I saw JBert's post.

Chris

Reactions: my89foxbody
1 - 4 of 4 Posts