Ford Mustang Forum banner

GT500 axlebacks fitted – awesome!

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  DetTigers 
#1 ·
Took the 5.0 to Hertford Tyres and Exhaust on Saturday (my 5.0 is in the UK) for a service and to have the GT500 axlebacks fitted.

Firstly thanks to Dave for the excellent service and fitting the axlebacks. Great to see a man who obviously cares about his work, his customers and his reputation. I am so glad I took the 5.0 there – highly recommended.

While the 5.0 is a superb car in every respect the exhaust note has always been disappointing for me. My previous 2007 GT was much more aurally satisfying and frankly the stock exhaust on the 5.0 is pants, I guess Ford were looking to expand their market towards a more refined customer – they failed!

If I drive a Mustang I want it to sound like a muscle car.

The GT500 remedies this failing in an awesome manner. It’s loud when you want it to be and quiet without drone when cruising. Why oh why didn’t Ford fit this as stock....
Driving away from Hertford I think the grin did not leave my face until I reached my destination in Norwich. Brilliant. The only down side is I just want to drive it all the time with the windows down – it’s killing my MPG!

Here’s a video of the stock unit, fitting and sound with the GT500’s. Enjoy – I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmE_bqY1S7Y

See less See more
#7 ·
I want to get those but am confused about the tail pipes needing to be brought out more so they stick out far enough . Something about adjusting the pipes up towards the engine to get more length out back . I'm not real familar with the stock exhaust system .
Can someone explain this real simply ? Pics or a vid would be great .
I'd hate to be adjusting stuff and then get rattles later on .
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.