Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im guessing the reducer is important regardless of tubing as the cat back is 3'' on this systems, the valance I knew about, im just wondering what the shop has to know, or is it something that they should know how to do more or less.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
OP,

It would be a lot easier and cheaper to convert a GT500 styled axleback to fit your Mustang, than a full catback system. As someone already mentioned above, there's no need for 3" over the axle piping. If anything it will lose you power.

If you like the Magnaflow Competition axleback, any exhaust shop should be able weld this on and make it fit. I've quite a few systems modified like this to fit on v6 Mustangs with success. You should need a reputable shop to do the work!

Shane

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from what I understand those magnaflows for the v6 only 11-12, but if the axle back works as long as a shop knows what they are doing im fine with that. thank you guys for you help

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
from what I understand those magnaflows for the v6 only 11-12, but if the axle back works as long as a shop knows what they are doing im fine with that. thank you guys for you help
I think this would be your best bet since itll be the same motor and sound as the 11-12. Its either the clamp that is different or the hangers, which are easily fixed at a muffler shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts