Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I couldn't find any threads specifically on the availability of these mufflers so here it goes....

I am picking up my 2012 in a couple weeks and have had my GT500 mufflers on order through American Muscle for about a month now and still no end to the eternal backorder in sight. I was going to have these installed by the dealer at delivery (along with the rear diffuser, CS front fascia and Saleen grill ;) ) but now it's looking unlikely.

Does anyone know of any vendors that have these available right now? If not, any end in sight to the backorder?

I already bugged American Muscle guys about this a few times and each time they said it should be in a couple weeks...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
You try calling FRPP? Just a suggestion.

FYI. I love my GT500 muffs. Great sound, no drone.. best of both worlds.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I ordered them in mid June. They told me July 1st, then July 18th, then the Ford Racing rep said he didn't know when they would come in. He told me it was due to a labor dispute at the steel plant... A month after I ordered, I cancelled and got the Borla S Types... Couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I haven't seen any vendors with GT500 axle-backs new on the shelf. American Muscle told me to call back the second week in August, for an update. You may want to look on E-bay or on a GT500 forum & see if someone wants to sell their's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a quick update guys, I had my mufflers ordered for the past month and a half with American Muscle and I got an email today saying that they have shipped!

:kooky:

Looks like the eternal backorder is over now...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ordered mine today from LMR.

Mustang Parts & Accessories at 50resto

In stock $269.98 delivered to my door expected Wednesday!
Got mine from them also. They are hard to get cause they sound soooo damn good! I got my car serviced the other day.. and while in the waiting room, I heard this awesome car in the distance. Looked out the window.. and it was mine :)

They seem quite a bit louder than when I got them.. so I think they had to break in a little.

G

·
Would adding gt500 mufflers void any warranty work? You know how Ford has been lately and warranties and the Mustang.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Would adding gt500 mufflers void any warranty work? You know how Ford has been lately and warranties and the Mustang.
No I don't know. Exactly what kind of warranty work would you feel they would deny over this change? Its not reasonable for them to point to a muffler over a bad power window motor replacement.:nogrinner

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I've been thinking about selling my GT500's and getting the Roush. I only have 600 miles on the GT500's.

Anybody want to trade Roush for GT500?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Why would not honor any warranty work, these are just mufflers and do not affect emissions what so ever.

I would like to get these aswell and did hear roush and it was too loud for my taste. My goal is no drone at any speed :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Borla S-Types, just saying.

You get what you pay for! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I waited, and then waited some more for the GT500 Axel-Backs, but they were too slow. I finally broke down and got these Flowmaster Hushpowers. The video is not that great--especially the sound of the recording--but you can get the idea. So far, they are okay...not great, but okay.

2012 Mustang GT w/Flowmaster Hushpower - YouTube

1 - 16 of 16 Posts