Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was suppose to be getting a GT rear bumper from Ford for 150 but when I went to get it a couple weeks ago they had sold it so I have been looking around for another cheap bumper. Then today my brother text me while I'm at work telling me a guy at his job has a GT500 and will sell me his rear bumper for 50 dollars. I can't see a guy with a GT500 doing that and maybe my brother doesn't know what car it is or is messing with me but if its true and I can get a GT500 rear bumper for 50 dollars will it fit?? I really want to get these GT pull offs put on but I need a bumper first so if anyone knows if this will work please let me know.

And yes I know I can cut my V6 bumper but I decided not to do that a while ago.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Isnt the foam behind the bumper cover different ?? :headscratch:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Isnt the foam behind the bumper cover different ?? :headscratch:
There is no "foam" in the mustang bumpers. You simply drill out the rivetts holding the plastic mounting bracket on your v6 bumper, use bolts and washers to re-install the mounting bracket on the GT500 one, and presto-blamo it bolts on.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow 50$?! thats a great price! Those gt500 bumpers look great

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
There is no "foam" in the mustang bumpers. You simply drill out the rivetts holding the plastic mounting bracket on your v6 bumper, use bolts and washers to re-install the mounting bracket on the GT500 one, and presto-blamo it bolts on.
i dont know bill, i had my rear off and there is a sort of foam pc under the bumper that runs across the back. mine was loose on one side and i duct taped it back on tight before i reinstalled the bumper. i`m real happy with my v6 bumper, but i will say i like the black across the bottom cause it goes nice with the black rockers :shiny:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Theyre the same and will easily fit in. Thats quite a deal u have there.

·
Registered
883 Posts
If you purchase the GT/CS accessory rear bumper it comes with all the hardware required. $355 at the dealer (plus paint of course) Have the paint shop mask and paint it like the GT500.

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
damn those bumpers look good lol too bad im like broke still from my whipple.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Have the paint shop mask and paint it like the GT500.
For the longest time, I couldn't decide whether to paint mine GT500 or GT/CS style.

But after I saw yours, that settled it for me :bigthumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts