Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now this thread is going to be a little bit biased - for obvious reasons, LOL.

When I purchased my 07 GT, the aftermarket el cheapo stripes that the previous owner installed had seen better days. I decided to start stripping them off, not realizing how much of a pain it was to get underneath the factory spoiler to remove that section. If I'm gonna take off the factory spoiler, you know the stock one can't go back on right? Especially not while working at the world's premier source of pre-painted parts, AmericanMuscle.com!

So off it came, and I decided to try out one of our new pre-painted GT500 style rear spoilers. I've been in love with the spoiler since my boss purchased his 2011 GT500 last year. I must have bugged our product team enough, and they started selling them and even pre-painted.

Well, it wasn't long after I finally caved and threw one on the car. Easy install, came with 3M tape around the whole base, color instructions, alcohol prep pads, and hardware for underneath. You can optionally bolt down the sides, too if you want to drill the trunk. I chose to trust the 3m tape and the inner bolts in the factory location, and this thing isn't going anywhere!

Paint matches really nice, even though my car is neglected sometimes! :yelwacko:

Picture!

·
Registered
784 Posts
haha i almost thought it was a real gt500! im considering getting one of these, i hate cleaning under the stock spoiler.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was the biggest thing was cleaning/waxing underneath it and getting the crappy stripes off. I might go stripe-less now. Just looks really clean...

I have a GT/CS rear bumper going on next. Should be done with the rear of the car after that!

·
Registered
210 Posts
That was the biggest thing was cleaning/waxing underneath it and getting the crappy stripes off. I might go stripe-less now. Just looks really clean...

I have a GT/CS rear bumper going on next. Should be done with the rear of the car after that!
Hey Chris,

Glad to see u modding your ride, hard not to working for AM. I also swapped my OEM GT spoiler for the GT500 & haven't looked back, looks killer! I like how u say the "rear" of car should be done, that means the mod bug has u thinkin' about the rest of the car, right?. Any pics? Jay

·
Registered
882 Posts
Damn Chris I LOVE AM with a passion primary because of the FREE SHIPPING and overall you guys just have everything. But, I don't know what discount you got, $299.99 is alot for me. I will probably go with this one:

2005 - 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 Spoiler Painted | eBay

Its pre painted and does not involve drilling a hole into the trunk. I have seen alot of people on here buy that spoiler and have loved it.

PS: Its really cool that a vendor such as your self is getting into mods!! I know if I worked for AM I would pretty much pump my paycheck right back into American Muscle. My car would be completely modded out.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Damn Chris I LOVE AM with a passion primary because of the FREE SHIPPING and overall you guys just have everything. But, I don't know what discount you got, $299.99 is alot for me. I will probably go with this one:

2005 - 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 Spoiler Painted | eBay

Its pre painted and does not involve drilling a hole into the trunk. I have seen alot of people on here buy that spoiler and have loved it.

PS: Its really cool that a vendor such as your self is getting into mods!! I know if I worked for AM I would pretty much pump my paycheck right back into American Muscle. My car would be completely modded out.
I'm not a big fan of OEM prices but I bought a knockoff off Ebay and it warped on one end due to the hot sun.

·
Registered
603 Posts
It looks sharp but would like to see the rest of the car. I have decided to go without stripes, I like the clean look on my car. The spoiler is something I have been looking at but it's a bit pricey after shopping around, I think it would compliment my GT500 wheels. Maybe if a sale and discount code pops up at the same time.

Let's see more pics. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Chris,

Glad to see u modding your ride, hard not to working for AM. I also swapped my OEM GT spoiler for the GT500 & haven't looked back, looks killer! I like how u say the "rear" of car should be done, that means the mod bug has u thinkin' about the rest of the car, right?. Any pics? Jay
Hahahaha exactly Jay! I've got the bug! Because of cars like yours, I've got my crosshairs on a Whipple! :worship

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL @ all the comments! Not gonna lie, there's some really great parts to the job! :bigthumbsup At least half of the people that work here drive/modify Mustangs. You should see the line for employee purchases each week, haha.

I'll reveal more pics on the next thread. It's 3" tall, Grabber Orange, and needs to be painted underneath. </hint>

·
Registered
407 Posts
LOL @ all the comments! Not gonna lie, there's some really great parts to the job! :bigthumbsup At least half of the people that work here drive/modify Mustangs. You should see the line for employee purchases each week, haha.

I'll reveal more pics on the next thread. It's 3" tall, Grabber Orange, and needs to be painted underneath. </hint>
I'd like to see a pic of the employee lot actually... probably one of the largest concentrations of Mustangs outside of a dealer or car show!

Spoiler looks great BTW... :bigthumbsup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts