Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the GT500 Rear valance and Quad tips form stangmods. The tips are amazing and you don't have to spend a lot of money if you already have aftermarket axle backs. I also installed a Airaid CAI for my future Vortech supercharger install. I should have the supercharger by next week. Ordered it from Beefcake and Terry really knows his stuff. Thanks Terry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiwV4y3a2Fw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o80KQQgSOIg

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Lookin good! Which mufflers are those? Corsas? Did this mod a few months back and love it, but I went with the OEM quad tips and painted the rear valance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lookin good! Which mufflers are those? Corsas? Did this mod a few months back and love it, but I went with the OEM quad tips and painted the rear valance.

The mufflers are flowmasters with tips that I bought from stangmods. They do look very similar to the corsa tips. Much cheaper and just as good! Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they are slightly off set. Those are the tips. The exhaust shop welded the tips at a slight angle so they would sit flush with the valence. It's much cheaper and looks just as good as the aftermarket quad exhausts out on the market.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes they are slightly off set. Those are the tips. The exhaust shop welded the tips at a slight angle so they would sit flush with the valence. It's much cheaper and looks just as good as the aftermarket quad exhausts out on the market.
Oh! So it's something the exhaust shop would do. Thanks for the info! Yeah they look beautiful!
I'm thinking of getting the quad tip exhausts but just cutting my rear valence instead of spending more money on the gt500 one

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, been thinking about doing this. Wasn't sure the tips would work with my borla's, looks like they should. :nice:

It's important that the exhaust tips exit from the center of the muffler. Some mufflers have the tips exit from the edge of the muffler instead of the center.

·
Registered
190 Posts
So that means that these tips won't work on my Magnaflow's ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So that means that these tips won't work on my Magnaflow's ?
They will work if the exhaust tips exit from the center of the muffler. The problem is the angle that you would need for the tips to line up properly. I bought new flowmaster mufflers and the had the tips welded up for 400. I'm sure you could do it cheaper. Take a sec and watch my video on you tube. I actually crawl under the car to show you how the tips weld up.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I hope you mean the tips and mufflers were 400, not just having the tips welded in! Unless your welder took you to dinner first... ;-)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope you mean the tips and mufflers were 400, not just having the tips welded in! Unless your welder took you to dinner first... ;-)

Yes I did mean the tips and mufflers. The flowmaster mufflers sound really good as well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts