Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add a gt500 rear valance to my gt. My gt is equipped with reverse sonar. I'm sure its just a matter of measuring and drilling holes for the sensors, just curious if anybody has done it and if they have a pic?:?:

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had the same question. The main issue I see is that there's a lip around each sensor on the stock rear valance. I'm sure you could drill some holes in the GT500 valance, but I haven't looked to see how they'd mount.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just went out to see what how they're mounted and it looks like a difficult call without going through the process. There appears to be a bar that runs along the backside of the valance that covers up the rear sonar system. I didn't want to get down on our dirty floor, but it's either just part of the bumper or part of the sonar system. I'm also not sure if the sensors are removable (i.e., part of the stock diffuser). Anyways, I posted some pictures of the sensors to give you an idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I figured there would be some kind of reinforcement to the sensors. luckily the shape of the upper portions of both valances are the same so the reinforcement should transfer. I'm just gonna have to go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts