Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of 13 GT500 seat covers, with deep impact blue stripes (awesome!). I've seen some people saying that GT500 seat bolsters are bigger than the GT. And that I might need new seat cushion pads for the top part of the front seats.

anyone know if the seats are the same in a GT500, and a GT? The part number on the seat cushion pad is the same for both on Ford's site, So I'm hoping its a perfect fit.

also anyone thats swapped seat covers before, besides disconnecting the car battery, to not effect the air bags what else should I be thinking about (not installing myself).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are from an eBay seller called oemresale, he has other GT500 seat covers, but these where the only blue ones I could find anywhere.

So for now I'm not sure if I need to go to ford to get new seat cushions, or not. It seams impossible to find the answer.

$(KGrHqZHJEEFGvim4EYRBR1Jm4E+hg~~60_1.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!ooFG5hyM+jOBR1Jm6U2(!~~60_1.JPG

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, I had already seen the video, but it was good to read the thread.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You should be fine with those leathers...nice find!! I know Shelby does sell kits with extra bolstering foam, Roush as well, but what you got should fit no problem on the GT seats. Did the ebay vendor list a fitment chart??

Also a good time to throw in a seat heater kit, but seeing as your in Texas...that's the last thing you need I'm sure.

It's not too bad doing those covers, I've done mine a couple times...but if you've found a shop to do it for a reasonable $$, less hassle for you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he did, it covered 2011+ mustangs. I went to ford today, and sat in a GT500. It felt much more snug around the ribs, it's possible the seat covers did that, but I think the bolsters are bigger. I went to two separate part departments, and they knew less than I did.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You know in the time it took you to go to two dealerships you could have pulled the passenger seat and swapped out the covers. Ford made it very simple to replace the seat covers with the velcro built in the foam and only 6 hog rings. Clip them off and reinstall using heavy duty zip ties if you don't have hog ring pliers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not comfortable doing the seats myself. The real problem is I don't want to have to pay for two installs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just put in seat covers off of a 2013 GT premium that i bought off of ebay. It is very easy. There is a video by MOTORZ (youtube) that will take you step by step on installing them. I think those GT500 seat covers will fit your current seats as well. They look a lot like the stock seat covers. Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
OP ... did these covers fit your seats or are you still waiting for the install? I've been mulling over doing the same thing but I've been waiting until someone else blazed the trail!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OP ... did these covers fit your seats or are you still waiting for the install? I've been mulling over doing the same thing but I've been waiting until someone else blazed the trail!
I still haven't installed yet, but I have gotten a few hints as to the answer.

I sent this question to shelby american,
"could you please tell me if a 2013 GT500, and GT, have the same seat cushion pads"

and here is the response I got.
"I don’t believe the cushions are the same between the two vehicles, but I am not sure. What I would recommend is contacting a shop that does custom interiors and has worked on Mustangs. They would be able to provide more insight I think. Thanks"

I also found this article that says the side bolsters are deeper,
2010*Ford*Shelby GT500 Review By Kelsey Mays

I cant say for sure that adding the GT500 seat cushions to my mustang will be simple. But I wouldn't let it hold you back from buying these seat covers (they look so awesome)

Plus it would mean your seats will hold you in place better. The GT500 I sat in felt like I was really held in place, no room to slosh about.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I put the 2012 GT500 covers on my 2010 GT and they fit like a glove. However, i get the feeling that the side bolsters are a little bit more filled on the GT500 as the alcantara looks a little bit loose (see pictures)

But a little bit of foam that you put underneath to bolster it up should do the trick.

LEXiiON

Attachments

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I went and looked at my 500 and I think you're correct that they look loose. Hmmm, my wife's GTS is red/black striping and I was hoping to turn the base model interior into something worthwhile. I guess I'll just have to wait.

S

·
0 Posts
I WANT them too!!......The Suspense is Killing Me!!coolbeans.gif

Sean.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I put the 2012 GT500 covers on my 2010 GT and they fit like a glove. However, i get the feeling that the side bolsters are a little bit more filled on the GT500 as the alcantara looks a little bit loose (see pictures)

But a little bit of foam that you put underneath to bolster it up should do the trick.

LEXiiON
To be clear are you talking about the bottom of the seats, or the back. Because I know for sure the bottom piece is the same.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It is the back. The bottom is tight.
LEXiiON

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks allot. Time to order the seat backs, and hope the air bags don't get messed up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
They shouldn't. Follow the ford procedure and you should be safe. They basically fall out of the foam.
LEXiiON

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
(I can bring the dead back to life, don't believe me? I just resurrected this thread.)

I finally had the seat covers and foam installed, and they look awesome!
here's some pictures.
IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

So, I did end up having to buy new seat foam pads, for the backs of the front seats.
But I still think it was worth it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts