Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea what a set of OEM stripes are worth for an 09 GT500? The top & bumper ones, not the rocker ones. I've got a set that came with my car when I bought it. Heard they're approx $3000 new, & I'd like to sell them.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I really don't think a set of stripes even OEM is gonna be $3000 You might want to contact a dealer

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Somebody is wacko. The stripe kit itself can be bought fairly cheaply. It's the installation that can cost you a bundle. Stripes can be painted on for much less than $3000. My painter would have painted GT500 stripes for about $1200 three years ago.

Frank

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
ford sells the side stripes for only $100, i can't see the center ones being 3 grand...

the stripes are only $200 aftermarket.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just talked to the parts guy at a local dealership & he said they're $2500+. I saw an OEM set on Ebay going for $1500.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
hahah well if someone will pay you that then more power to you :)

me personly for $2500 i would have them painted on

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I've got them & don't plan on using them. I want to sell them for whatever I can get. I was looking around the "Team Shelby" forum, but it doesn't have a search function that I can find. Just trying to find some sort of history to help me figure out what to ask.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I have 2 packages. I researched the #'s on them, & it turns out I have the left hood stripe & the right roof stripe. Dealership is contacting the original owner to see if he has the rest somewhere.

·
Registered
937 Posts
$500 installed from the Dealership at time of order. $750 from a local stripe shop.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I had my car striped and tinted at a local, one man shop. He did a perfect job. Had the 2 little triangle, and the rear window tinted while he was at it. Grand Total: $420 cash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts