Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be the first proud owner around here to get a new 13' GT500 around here in Mooresville. I will be most likely receiving it around May or June they are thinking. I only am paying sticker for it!!! No over priced crap. I am first On the list here!!!Fully loaded, White exterior, Black interior, performance package!!!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Congratulations man. That is so cool. I'm debating on going and placing a deposit on one too. Car is definitely amazing.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Congratulations man. That is so cool. I'm debating on going and placing a deposit on one too. Car is definitely amazing.
My deposit is already in man!!! Make yours quick before a line comes!!! I am keeping the 5.0 in the stable too!! That is twin turbo'd now!!!

The performance of the car is supposed to be similar 0-150 as the Ford GT which does 0-60 in 3.5 and 150 in 7.8. The GT500 smokes it around a track though.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The performance of the car is supposed to be similar 0-150 as the Ford GT which does 0-60 in 3.5 and 150 in 7.8. The GT500 smokes it around a track though.
GT500 faster than a Ford GT around a track? That would surprise me.

I'll be waiting for the pics and review of your new Shelby.

·
Banned
106 Posts
GT500 faster than a Ford GT around a track? That would surprise me.

I'll be waiting for the pics and review of your new Shelby.

I talked to a Ford Engineer with Jamal Hameedi who is an SVT engineer and he was the one who told me. Here is the exact quote!!!
Jamal Hameedi:
To our friend on Google+. The GT500 and the Ford GT are pretty different vehicles—but we bench marked the GT quite a bit. The GT500 and GT are roughly similar in performance up to 150 MPH and the GT500 is faster on a road course.

Why would you assume I am automatically lying? What are people thinking these days. Not informed well I guess and very rude.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The Ford GT most certainly does not do 0-150 in 7.8 seconds.

So you're going to order the Performance pack, track pack, electronics pack, glass roof, recaros, car cover, etc?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't think Vikes91 was suggesting you were a liar. I have an 11 GT500 and I too would want to see the road course test vs a GT.

Congrats on the new Shelby order.

The Ford GT most certainly does not do 0-150 in 7.8 seconds.

So you you're going to order the Performance pack, track pack, electronics pack, glass roof, recaros, car cover, etc?
Being that you trap 125-135 to run a low 10 sec 1/4 mile I think you can say neither car will go 0-150 in 7.8.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
So your rude, cocky and like to brag? Good for you.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
You still have an account on here? Would of thought with your uselessness and trolling you would be gone by now.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Why would you assume I am automatically lying? What are people thinking these days. Not informed well I guess and very rude.
Congrats and ignore the haters as they are just jealous. Looks like it will give the ZL1 a raping and give the ZR1 a run for it's money.

Ford GT times from Wiki:

Performance
  • 0–60 mph (0–96 km/h): 3.2 seconds,[1] 3.6 seconds,[2] 3.7 seconds[3]
  • 0–100 mph (0–160 km/h): 7.4 seconds
  • 0–150 mph (0–241 km/h): 16.9 seconds
  • Standing 1/4 mile (402 m): 11.2 seconds @ 131.2 mph (211.1 km/h), 11.6 seconds @ 126.2 mph (203.1 km/h), 11.78 seconds @ 124.31 mph (200.06 km/h)
  • Top speed: 205 mph (330 km/h)
  1. ^ "Follow-Up Test: 2005 Ford GT". Insideline.com. June 28, 2004. http://www.insideline.com/ford/gt/2005/follow-up-test-2005-ford-gt.html. Retrieved December 11, 2009.
  2. ^ "Ferrari F430 F1 vs. Ford GT". http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0506_exotic_coupe_comparison/specs_price.html. Retrieved December 11, 2009.
  3. ^ a b c "A Twist of Le Mans: Ferrari Enzo, the Porsche Carrera GT, and the Ford GT.". December 23, 2004. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0410_exotic_coupe_comparison/index.html. Retrieved December 3, 2009.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is incentive to finish up law school so I can one day afford to do this lol I'm jealous! Congrats!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Welcome to the 200mph club!!
Haters come with the territory dont let it get to u.
Get some pics up once u get the chance! Id love to see one in white!

·
Banned
106 Posts
Congrats and ignore the haters as they are just jealous. Looks like it will give the ZL1 a raping and give the ZR1 a run for it's money.

Ford GT times from Wiki:

Performance
  • 0–60 mph (0–96 km/h): 3.2 seconds,[1] 3.6 seconds,[2] 3.7 seconds[3]
  • 0–100 mph (0–160 km/h): 7.4 seconds
  • 0–150 mph (0–241 km/h): 16.9 seconds
  • Standing 1/4 mile (402 m): 11.2 seconds @ 131.2 mph (211.1 km/h), 11.6 seconds @ 126.2 mph (203.1 km/h), 11.78 seconds @ 124.31 mph (200.06 km/h)
  • Top speed: 205 mph (330 km/h)

1. ^ "Follow-Up Test: 2005 Ford GT". Insideline.com. June 28, 2004. http://www.insideline.com/ford/gt/2005/follow-up-test-2005-ford-gt.html. Retrieved December 11, 2009.
  2. ^ "Ferrari F430 F1 vs. Ford GT". http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0506_exotic_coupe_comparison/specs_price.html. Retrieved December 11, 2009.
  3. ^ a b c "A Twist of Le Mans: Ferrari Enzo, the Porsche Carrera GT, and the Ford GT.". December 23, 2004. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0410_exotic_coupe_comparison/index.html. Retrieved December 3, 2009.
You hear all them they are crazy!! I was calling it safe with the numbers I said!!! I talked to a Ford Engineer!!!

Why Does everyone need to rag on people?!? Those are the people that ruin these forums!! Where are the ban guys here!!! I am being Friendly guys I just wanted you guys to enjoy my joy sorry.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Man, don't be sorry. I think it's great! I'd give up body parts just to RIDE in a new GT-500.

I'm gonna hafta stay happy with my 5.0. I don't see myself ever being able to have a GT-500.

Congrats:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's awesome dude. It sounds like my dealer has already pre sold 4 of them and they're not sure they'll even be able to get that many.

Not that I'm in the market....even though I'd really like to be. This could go down as a very collectible car, but please just drive the thing and enjoy it. It's the most powerful production V8 ever, so use the thing!

·
Registered
689 Posts
You suck. Yes I am jealous lol

·
Banned
106 Posts
Man, don't be sorry. I think it's great! I'd give up body parts just to RIDE in a new GT-500.

I'm gonna hafta stay happy with my 5.0. I don't see myself ever being able to have a GT-500.

Congrats:bigthumbsup
Thanks man I appreciate it I shouldn't be sorry but some people come off so harsh ya kno? The 5.0 I have will stay in the stable!!

That's awesome dude. It sounds like my dealer has already pre sold 4 of them and they're not sure they'll even be able to get that many.

Not that I'm in the market....even though I'd really like to be. This could go down as a very collectible car, but please just drive the thing and enjoy it. It's the most powerful production V8 ever, so use the thing!
Pre-sold that many JEESH!!!! I am 100% positive getting a car and the first one around!!! Thanks guys so much I am pumped. This really turns around my life I have been dealing with a broken back and a slipped disc for 6 months. I also have bilateral pars defect and spinabifida. So my whole lower back is just a mess!!! I have also had 33 surgeries on top of that!!! Been put on medication after medication because noone knew why I was in so much pain for 6 months. Had bad withdrawals, anxiety it has left me with I don't sleep anymore, I don't eat well. This is Just a great thing I had a heart attack at 16!! I can barely walk anymore so this means so much to me!! It will be driven as a DAILY DRIVER!!

You suck. Yes I am jealous lol
Thanks man don't be jealous like I said above my life is no good. This is one of the best things that has happened to me. My Fiance is helping me pay for half because of what has been going on!!!

·
Banned
106 Posts
I haven't even named all the problem's either my sister has MS. Fiance fought cancer and won. I have many other problems. This is awesome. I bought my first new car the 5.0 with her and I will be buying this with her too!!! Making memories!! Thanks so much guys.

Congrats, enjoy! You only live once!
Yeah I am taking that to a whole new level guys. I won't live a full life like many.... sad yes but all is well!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
well congrats on being able to make it through all that and keeping a smile on! enjoy your new toy but video and pics are required!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts