1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
yeah I've seen that one before I but I still love it. I got owned somewhat similar to that this weekend at the quickstreetcars.com FI meet. A dude with an aboslutely syck Supra blasted past me out of nowhere. Scared the bejesus outta me when his blow off valve lifted.

·
Registered
861 Posts
That right there is why I will ALWAYS favor American cars versus imports.

Bow down before the Mustang! :worship

·
Registered
567 Posts
I dont know???? but the cav & civic didnt look like they were racing.
well regardless the Cobra woulda smoke both anyways :worship

A friend of mine with an RSX always TRY to race me when I had my Cobra. Sometimes I give him the momentum to pick up speed and as soon as he ligned up next to me I would gun it, AND still smoke his a$$!!!!!

Its funny how he always try to pull a flyby on me & never work.

·
Registered
491 Posts
That is almost exaclty what happened to me last year when I had a cavi. I was racing a Tiburan and we both got passed by a Mustang GT and I said I got to get me one of those, so now I have an 01 GT.

Only bad thing is that the ricers that I used to pick races with easly in my cavi, most of the time they won't even look over when I try to pick one in my mustang. And just think, I though all those stickers and the 6" dia tach made them fast:laughlitt

·
Registered
567 Posts
jjandascog said:
That is almost exaclty what happened to me last year when I had a cavi. I was racing a Tiburan and we both got passed by a Mustang GT and I said I got to get me one of those, so now I have an 01 GT.

U actually race with your cavalier?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
491 Posts
U actually race with your cavalier??
Yeah, i did had fun beating most of the ricers that came along. It dynoed at 156 at the wheels (OHHHH what power). I had a few accesories. But then I wisened up and got a V-8:eyepoppin

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jjandascog said:
Yeah, i did had fun beating most of the ricers that came along. It dynoed at 156 at the wheels (OHHHH what power). I had a few accesories. But then I wisened up and got a V-8:eyepoppin
There's something to be said for what my friends and I call "wimp racing" -- it's fun to be able to thrash through the gears and not be going rediculous speeds. Our Mustangs will break the highway speed limit in 2nd gear -- which is the balls, but it is still fun to be able to "row" all the gears and have fun at a sane speed.

·
Registered
567 Posts
jjandascog said:
WOW!!!!! U even got it dynoed :thumbsup

·
Registered
491 Posts
Scary isn't it, even more scarry is the following web site www.v6z24.com or even http://www.turboz24.com/. It seems that the people mainly in canada like those cars. But like I said i wisened up and got a V-8

·
Registered
42 Posts
In highschool, my mom gave me her 88 Cutlass Calais with the Al headed Quad four engine (180hp stock) after she bought an 95 mustang gt. Well, the olds was faster/lighter than hell, so naturally, I wanted it to go even faster. Being the mad scientist I was in autoshop, I hooked the car up with underdrive pullies, a bigger 70mm throttle body off a Toranado, a straight thru exhuast(no cats), a K&N filter, and "home" ported the head with a dremel. THe only loss came from a 95 vette and I had 4 people in the car and the pulley failed, shredding the drive belt and leaving me to crawl home on all battery. That engine/Olds lasted 3 more years after repair, and I believe it is one of the all time greatest sleepers next to the SHO. C'mon, the Quad ran mid 14s outta the showroom.:happyhapp

·
Registered
861 Posts
AUSTINSCOBRA said:
I dont know???? but the cav & civic didnt look like they were racing.
well regardless the Cobra woulda smoke both anyways :worship

A friend of mine with an RSX always TRY to race me when I had my Cobra. Sometimes I give him the momentum to pick up speed and as soon as he ligned up next to me I would gun it, AND still smoke his a$$!!!!!

Its funny how he always try to pull a flyby on me & never work.
A friend of mine has got a Cavalier... He's doing all this amazing work to it, blah, blah, blah.. when I see him with my 'Stang... I'm just gonna tease him.

I do think they were racing... listen to the civic as it is trying to shift gears: Not only is he a bad shifter, but he was being very rough on the clutch and the trans... I still laugh when I see that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.