Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a guide to rebuilding a 289 4barrel engine in a 1964 1/2 mustang.

or know where to get one? or sumthing to help me out. me and my dad have never done it b4.

thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
When i rebuilt mine i bought the book How to Rebuild the Small-Block Ford, by George Reid. It was really helpful. It even has a section about breaking in the engine and a small perforance part section. If you have never done it before and don't know what you are doing i would get a book and read through it first and then go through it as you are rebuilding the motor. Its not all that difficult to do, you just have to be careful and make sure things are done right.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
The virtual bible of Ford engine rebuild books is "How to Rebuild Small-Block Ford Engines" by Tom Monroe. HP Books There is a new revised edition now available.

You can get this book at Barnes and Noble, Books-A-Million, Amazon, and most Mustang resto part vendors. Be sure to ask for the revised edition. There's more in it.

The average guy can rebuild an engine with this book. It's been on the shelves in one form or another for 30 years.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hey Greek - is the 1987 edition of the Tom Monroe book the most recent? That seems to be the one for sale everywhere? I found the Reid book useful but always like to see different ideas and techniques.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts