Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I Just put My Roush Axle back ( 1st Mod ) on and i love them ... I'm thinking of Upgrading my stock H pipe to something else.

What I'm looking for is

1. Cali legal. Cat-back
2. Power Gain ( I know it's going to be minimal ) No Tune
3. No Drone
4. Lower Rumble (if Possible)

5. Get it done at local Muffler shop or Pre-Fab kit.
6. is it worth it ???

Thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
570 Posts
Heartthrob 3" cat-to-axle H-pipe with Flowpacks.
They claim 22hp with their axle-back. Others have reported 15hp gain. You have to get rid of all of the mid-pipes, they go down to 2-1/4" in several places, and are smashed where they go over the axle. The 3" pipe is what will give you that low rumble.

Easy to install with jackstands.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I agree, they definitely make it deeper. The only thing that makes me hesitant to say the Heartthrob system is easy to install with jack stands is the fact that you'll have to cut the old system out if your car is not on a lift. I guess it's still easy as long as you know ahead of time and start the job with the proper tools. But back to the bubble gum... H-pipe is the way to go if deep is what you're after. IMO Heartthrob is the way to go if you're doing that. The system bolts up after the cats so you shouldn't have any problems staying emissions legal.

·
Registered
439 Posts
there are not many on the market at this point so far, I hope there are more to come

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I still have a hard time believing that a system with stock headers and cats and no tune can provide 15-22 HP just by increasing the flow over the axle.

I realize that the stock pipes crimp up a little, but the 15-22 HP thing just doesn't pass the smell test.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts