Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally bought some aftermarket parts for my stang after having it for about 4-5 years. Went with the H&R Super Sports, I love the way it rides I was expecting it to be a really rough ride but not at all, you can tell it is stiffer than the 123k 12yr old stock ones though:) Anyways I was wondering how much more drop will I get after they settle for a little while, my car currently sits with about a 2.5" gap and I like it but I would like it to lower another 1". Also what are some cheap but good shocks and struts? I plan on upgrading my suspension after I get a few engine mods and im not sure how deep my pockets will be haha.

·
Registered
208 Posts
1999-2004 Ford Mustang Shocks, Mustang Struts at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

They all range. But I do know by personal experience from knowing some people with Tokico shock and struts and they say you can not go wrong. They really noticed a big difference in cornering and when I went for a ride in my buddys stang (Eibach springs with tokico shock and struts) it did not feel like I was in a mustang. Helps a great deal with body roll, whic is aweful for those car on cornering. And will help a great deal keeping your ass end on the ground as well as a stiffer ride eliminating the chances of you bottoming out with your already lowered car. Im sure all shocks and struts do the job but I only have experience with one and that Tokico. Link above to where you can find out more. AM always has good prices!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Springs wont really settle much more than they already are . Got some vogtland springs with a 1.6'' drop with no isolators top or bottom and the height has pretty much stayed the same. Bought them after I seen someones mustang lowered and looked really good , but I didnt get the drop I had hoped for. If I could take it back I would've went with the H&R Super Sports. KYB has good deals I believe 114 for the 2 fronts and like 65 for the rears . Unless you are looking for adjustability??

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think it settled about half an inch or a little less today, no adjustabilty isnt really a concern i like how low it is right now though thanks for the shocks and strut input

·
Registered
325 Posts
pic from backside is right after installation and the frontside is from about 24hr later.
Very nice! 2 questions tho did u use isos for the springs and is thata 17 inch rim?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i bought some prothane iso from AM but they are on backorder so i just reused my stock ones, they were in really good shape, i didnt/haven't put the pinion snubber in yet either. Yes they are 17x9 cobra r wrapped with 245/45/17 fuzion hri, i believe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts