Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i had the crap scared out of me today. i was driving my car and it started ideling at like 400rpm and sounded like it had a stage 3 cam lol... it was surging really bad. it also couldnt drive in 5th gear because it would jerk and vibrate really bad., if i pushed the clutch in going like 50 to start slowing down the car would drop RPM really really fast and cut off.... it was crazy.

So i pulled over poped hood. I was checking all the vaccum lines that i messed with when i did my throttlebody plenum swap...
so then i smaked my CAI tube.. and it vibrated... i Looked and the damn thing came loose after the mass air sensor. so it basiaclly was running without a mass air sensor. Man so i popped it in and screwed the clamp on harder and... cranked it back up and it was purring like a kitten.

p.s. that just shows you how one little stupid ass thing can cause so much problems.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Yeah I had that happen a couple of times. It's actually why I dumped the Mac CAI for the JLT. One of the rubber fittings was starting to get brittle and tear. I decided to take care of that before it became a problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Stage 3,huh?

That was a good description(stage3)! I laughed pretty good on that. Man that must have sucked when It started doing it,did your world stop spinnin for a minute?Glad to hear you got it goin,and nothing big happend.
I got punked by a undercover cop today.i thought he was going to give me a ticket.I just got a ticket a few days before X-mas,goin 78 in a 50,and I still have not got my ticket in the mail yet!,I wonder what's goin on?!Anyways!,I stopped at a stoplight w/3 lanes,light turned green,and I smoked everybody and their mothers.At the next stoplight,I see a unmarked cop car pulling up next to me. I didn't think much of it,but I guess I should have. Instead of this cop lowering his window to tell me something,he turned on his mic. and said "That Radar is not going to do anything for you when you are haulin @ss in front of me", I laughed....and laughed.....and laughed(at him), "I suggest you slow your @ss down!", so I gave him a thumbs up,and squeeled my tires alittle-bit when the light turned green......I just thought to myself,DAMN! another ticket!!!,wait!nevermind,what an @sshole!..... Why didn't he just roll his window down and tell me?instead he tried to embarrass me or something! But I have no shame!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hehe thats funny about the radar detector.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Same sh1t happened to me ALL the time in my 3000GT vr4...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Guess What!!!???

Remeber that speeding ticket I was talkin about yesterday,the one I hadn't got in the mail yet?! Well,I must have opened my mouth too soon,cause I got it today!!!!!Not only that,But the due date for the ticket was Jan19,and today is Feb2(my littles girl's B-day,5yrs old). They fined me $289.00,and gave me an extention for 30 days from org. due date,which expires in about 16days from now. These people are stupid!!! They say over the automated system not to call and want to find out pymt amt until you get the bill. Well what the hell do you do if you don't get the bill until a month after it's due!!!??? They couldn't seem to answer my question!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.