Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Here's a better idea:

It might take four of you guys to hold down the engineer who came up with this whole idea...while he's down, I'll fill his mouth and throat with that tire inflation goo kit. Then Ford might rethink the whole idea and come up with a better solution like a spare tire and wheel in the trunk.

And hello, Ford...If that Brembo wheel and tire won't fit, then reshape that piece of sheetmetal for the trunk floor..not too hard to do.

And why did this tire pressure monitoring system become a law on late model cars in the lst place ? Because obese Americans are spending all their time on the couch playing video games or texting their friends. No time leftover in their lives to learn how to use a simple $2.00 tire pressure gauge.

·
Registered
880 Posts
It might take four of you guys to hold down the engineer who came up with this whole idea...while he's down, I'll fill his mouth and throat with that tire inflation goo kit. Then Ford might rethink the whole idea and come up with a better solution like a spare tire and wheel in the trunk.

And hello, Ford...If that Brembo wheel and tire won't fit, then reshape that piece of sheetmetal for the trunk floor..not too hard to do.
Alert, alert alert! Thinking outside the box alert!

Please increase injestion of the Noma gas and return to conformance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here's a better idea:

And why did this tire pressure monitoring system become a law on late model cars in the lst place ? Because obese Americans are spending all their time on the couch playing video games or texting their friends. No time leftover in their lives to learn how to use a simple $2.00 tire pressure gauge.
^^^^^^
+1 :bigthumbsup :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can we use the air compressor regularly to inflate our tires?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Don't see why not. Just make sure you don't use the goo hose, hehe.

Also, as for not being able to use a spare on Brembo cars, if you blow a front tire, you can always move a rear tire to the front and put the spare on the back. Yes it sucks having to basically do two tire changes, but I think it sucks less than having to shell out a bunch of money for a damaged TPMS sensor on top of the mess the goo makes and having to buy a new tire.

I was just going to use the goo in case of a flat but now reading this I might get a full size spare to put back there after all...

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
So what spare will work from a bone yard? Will the jack and spare all fit from a car a few years older into a 11?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Interesting thread indeed... I have a spare doughnut wheel in my trunk along with a jack,glad it's old school on this one,hate to have to deal with all that,especially the fact you MIGHT have to replace both the tire and the TPMS.

·
Banned
8,740 Posts
I wouldn't mind if Ford had put the inflator kit in as the base option and then had the spare as an option to add to the car. But for Ford to not offer it as an option is stupid. Where is marketing???? They missed a good oportunity to increase the profitability of the vehicle and to set the Mustang apart from the Camaro.

I travel a bunch. The idea of getting a flat 40 miles from my hotel at 9:30 at night, in an area where my cell phone doesn't work and it being a puncture that I can't repair with the goo isn't a comfortable idea. There are some thing that duct tape won't fix.

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Interesting I stumble upon this thread just after ordering a spare wheel, tire, and jack for my soon to be 2012. Had no idea about the inflation kit damaging the TPMS. I would have preferred Ford offering the spare tire as an option instead of forcing me to gather all the parts on my own.

·
Registered
532 Posts
This is the first I've heard of this kit...do all 2011s have this?
Some have spare tires, some have goo... there seems to be some confusion on the forums about which cars have what...

The best I have been able to determine with any level of certainty (?) is that Brembo equipped cars do not have a spare (presumably due to caliper clearance issues), which led to some speculation that all cars with 19 inch wheels came without a spare...

I have the 19 inch optional wheels (with stock brakes), and the car has a spare tire (with a spoked wheel!:yelpleased:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
so, i wake up this morning to find my left rear tire is flat. Im reading all the posts, and it seems, that if I use the goo, I will have to replace my tire and tpms. Heres the thing, in about 3 or 4 months, I plan to get a new set of tires and rims from american muscle, which also comes with the monitoring system. Should I just go ahead and use the goo? seeing as though Im in line for new wheels soon??? or
should I take it to a shop and have them plug it or something...

·
Registered
277 Posts
so, i wake up this morning to find my left rear tire is flat. Im reading all the posts, and it seems, that if I use the goo, I will have to replace my tire and tpms. Heres the thing, in about 3 or 4 months, I plan to get a new set of tires and rims from american muscle, which also comes with the monitoring system. Should I just go ahead and use the goo? seeing as though Im in line for new wheels soon??? or
should I take it to a shop and have them plug it or something...
Did you snoop it and find where the tire was punctured? If it's in the sidewall, there's not much you can do safely...you need a new tire. If its in the treads it can be repaired. If it's leaking between the lip and rim, maybe it just needs to be sealed/remounted (as long as the rim is not damaged).

My Opinion: If you can inflate the tire and safely get to a shop then take it there and have it plugged. I would only use the mobility kit in an emergency situation...like if you're out in the middle of nowhere and can't get help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As long as you don't have a complete blow out, you can use the kit as an air compressor only. There's a switch on it to turn off the goo. Fill your tire up with air only, drive straight to a place to fix the leak. Only costs a few bucks to fix a flat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just a note my 2016 GT's manual says to replace the trunk canister every 4 years. It keeps track of the 4 years on your dash.:surprise:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts