Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is half shafting. i think it has to do with the throttle body but i am not sure, and can this increase performance in anyway?

·
Registered
490 Posts
idont think that makes much sense.. never heard of that?

there is a part on a car called a "half shaft" it the the name for the axles on a 99-04 cobra with IRS... fwd drive cars have em..

·
Registered
25 Posts
half shafting is when you take the butterfly out of your throttle body, and you file the one side of the throttle level with the butterfly.. it just increases the slightest amount of smooth air flow through the throttle body.. to be honest, i don't think it REALLY makes that much of a diffrence with N/A power.. might help a tad with a turbo.. but you could probably get better results gasket porting and polishing the manifold up to the throttle body, so airs not hitting a square edge on the way in, that will decrease turbulent air flow in through the manifold. as well as taking casting marks and shti out of the manifold... im going to be doing it soon as well.. it also may not make that much of a diffrence. but till i turbo my car, it should help a tad..

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Excellant answer and 100% correct. Done mostly on high HP engine or when you have done everything else. Done the gasket matching and cleaning of the intake. You will be surprized how rough and not matched it is. Maurice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts