Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i purchased my 97 mustang, (black in color) the cover over the turn signal was misssing. Im finally gonna put new lights on it, but dont know which way to go. Ive looked on American Muscle and Ebay, dont know if i want to go with the Halo style or just get the smoked style. Guess Im just looking for some persuasion to help me lean one way or the other. Thanks in advance for your input

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey i have a 97 white vert. i needed some new lights too and went for the halos. i bought them on ebay like a month ago, they look good it gives them a different appearance. kinda fit a bit wierd in our yr though. so you have to mess with it a bit. i have a couple pics on cardomain if you want to check em out. Good luck with which ever you choose!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3246184

G

·
0 Posts
I would go with the smoked headlights. The halo's just look a little bit ricey to me. I've got the smoked headlights on my car and absolutely love them. They make the car look a whole lot more aggresive. They would look great on a black car. My only recommendation is that if you go with them you should get sylvania silverstar ultra bulbs to go in them. The stock bulbs were a little dim. The sylvania's are amazing tho.

·
Registered
63 Posts
To each his own man, but I love my halos. I get compliments on them all the time! When it was time for me to replace my headlights I had the same dilemma choosing either smoked or halos. I'm glad I went with the halos. Whatever you decide to get I'm sure it's gonna be looking mean! Good luck with your decision :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
63 Posts
btw I have a bunch of pics up of my car with the halos installed. You can check out my profile for the pics and decide for yourself if they are to your taste. :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
i like the halo's on 99-04 stangs, 94-98 stangs with the halo's look a little out of place, like you would need a bodykit to make it aesthetically appeasing, like a show car. but the 99-04 look awesome with halo's and no body kit.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
To each his own man, but I love my halos. I get compliments on them all the time! When it was time for me to replace my headlights I had the same dilemma choosing either smoked or halos. I'm glad I went with the halos. Whatever you decide to get I'm sure it's gonna be looking mean! Good luck with your decision :bigthumbsup
+1 I also have halos (see my avatar) - and love 'em!! But really, I think it's more the theme you are going after with your car. I started with a yellow car, so I wanted to do a black/yellow theme so the colors would make each other "pop". Since I like the more wild and stand-out appearance, I chose the halos. (Halos tend to be brighter looking and also have that amber reflector in the corner.)

Now, since you have a black stang, you can go two ways:
Stealth: smoked lenses, dark tint, all-black wheels
"Pimp": halos, chrome accents, black spoke w/machined lip wheels
Either one would look hot!!! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
84 Posts
I like the look of the Halo headlights but have always wondered how the headlights are adjusted since each headlight is 1-piece rather than the factory 2-piece with the headlights and side marker lights separate pieces. Can the 1-piece Halos be adequately aimed?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice car man the Halos look sweet! As you can see I have the same kind on my ride.

I am having an issue that I was hoping you could help with. A couple of the bulbs on my halos are burnt out. I have the replacement bulbs, but don't know how to replace them. Do you have any insight on where I might be able to find a how to or pictorial? I don't have the company name of the manufacturer of the headlights. I know it starts with J and is either Japanese or Korean.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

p.s. found the company name... Junyan.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I like the look of the Halo headlights but have always wondered how the headlights are adjusted since each headlight is 1-piece rather than the factory 2-piece with the headlights and side marker lights separate pieces. Can the 1-piece Halos be adequately aimed?
Yes, they adjust the same way. The only difference is that the corner light now moves with the headlights (since they're all attached). But as long as they're in the corner, it won't matter. :shigrin

Nice car man the Halos look sweet! As you can see I have the same kind on my ride.

I am having an issue that I was hoping you could help with. A couple of the bulbs on my halos are burnt out. I have the replacement bulbs, but don't know how to replace them. Do you have any insight on where I might be able to find a how to or pictorial? I don't have the company name of the manufacturer of the headlights. I know it starts with J and is either Japanese or Korean.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

p.s. found the company name... Junyan.
Which bulbs are burnt out? All the lights should still work with the stock bulbs... although your system came with upgraded bulbs. The low beams are probably 9007... and the high beams might be H3... It's hard to tell, unless you can contact the manufacturer! :so Sorry I can't be more help... Check out this site, and maybe you can match the bulbs up to the pics in the top/middle of the page: USA AND  CANADA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.