Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in a pair of the AM smoked Halo Projector Headlights a while back, and driving home the other night my friend asked why I kept brighting him. It seems that the lights bounce when I hit a bump in the road, and it gets distracting to other drivers. Any way I can fix this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had a similar problem with my projector headlights. I just figured it's the way its constructed. I notice it myself when I hit a bump. Thinking of switching out my headlights to a different design or finding a way to stabilize the housing inside the headlight so that it doesn't bounce.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a similar problem with my projector headlights. It seems to be an issue with the way it's constructed. I haven't found a way to stabilize the housing inside the headlight which is allowed to move somewhat so that the height of the lights projection can be adjusted

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems that those pins used to hold the light in place are a little loose in the housing's slot, I took a screwdriver and bent the clips out a bit to make it tighter but I don't think it'll do much good, and it definitely isn't a long term solution.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You can wedge a piece of wood in behind the clips and that will fix the problem. I used a piece of paint-stirring stick behind mine and it cured the problem. It pushes the light into a fixed position so that it doesn't rattle around when you hit a bump.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is this really something with the whole assembly? I've had this exact problem... right side HID in the kit talked about above bounces, left side does not. I figured it was something with the HID/projector - hope u guys r right I'm going to try it!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Best solution:
1)Remove Halo projectors
2)Take Halo projectors in hand
3)Open trash can lid and throw the Halo projectors into the trash can
4)Install OEM or smoked OEM lens with quality halogen bulbs
5)???
6)Your car looks good and it doesn't piss people off when you drive down the road blinding them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Mithrandir, for your helpful contribution to this conversation.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Best solution:
1)Remove Halo projectors
2)Take Halo projectors in hand
3)Open trash can lid and throw the Halo projectors into the trash can
4)Install OEM or smoked OEM lens with quality halogen bulbs
5)???
6)Your car looks good and it doesn't piss people off when you drive down the road blinding them.
What was the point of that? First off if you just have regular halo projectors it will not blind anyone...second if you HID halo projectors and aimed correctly it STILL wont blind anyone because of the cut off Halos have...Third you car will look like everyone else, don't you want your mustang to stand out?

Mine did the same and it was annoying, finally when i put my HIDs in I did not noticed it at all but to be safe i put thin piece of wood behind it similar to a paint stick as well. Seems to work fine

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine did the same and it was annoying, finally when i put my HIDs in I did not noticed it at all but to be safe i put thin piece of wood behind it similar to a paint stick as well. Seems to work fine
I'm going to do this as well, and I'm ordering a HID upgrade soon from DDM tuning, the low beams (H7's) so that ought to look nicer and stop the bouncing... I hope. :bigthumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts