Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to put a hammer shifter into my 67 mustang but i havent found any retailers that sell a hammer shifter that will fit. If anybody knows of a place that i can find one please let me know.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
If I'm thinking right, the Hammer is a B&M shifter. I've got their QuickSilver shifter on my 67 with a C4 and the Hammer should have a Mustang application, too. Have you tried checking with Summit or Jeg's? If one is made for your car, they'll have it. They have on line catalogs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks geek, I went on Jegs and found what i was looking for. Considering that i am putting a new roush racing engine in my car i decided to go with something a little different though. If you know anything about them, what are your opinions about the ford racing tremec 5 speed transmission?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Thanks geek, I went on Jegs and found what i was looking for. Considering that i am putting a new roush racing engine in my car i decided to go with something a little different though. If you know anything about them, what are your opinions about the ford racing tremec 5 speed transmission?
no such beast.

you've got the ford racing t5z if that's what you're referring to. It's built by tremec. A z spec is the strongest t5 offered. It can handle more torque and power than any other t5.

it's ideal in a classic mustang because it'll fit without having to cut up your trans tunnel. It still won't handle much more than 350 horse or so, and NO power shifting.

fyi, you can build your own for MUCH cheaper. get a normal wc t5 core, or a 4 cyl core, and look up anaheim gear on ebay. the internal parts can be had for around $360 and buy a $160 rebuild kit on top of that, rebuild it yourself and get the z spec for less than half the cost of a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.