Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I search the forums but the search was not successful(didnt want to post a question that has been posted before)

Just installed a Accufab plenum, Motivator Throttle body spacer, and a 70mm accufab throttle body, the install went prefectly and I even got the tps sensor out without stripping the screws, I checked to make sure all the throttle lines are perfect.

I seem to have hanging rpms while im driving....example going id say 50 in 4th gear if I pull out of gear into neutral the rpms will hang at 2k or so and then drop to 1.5k, hang there for a bit and then drop down!!!! This is the best example i could think of, doesnt really do this while stationary, I think I have to ajust the TPS sensor but I wanted your input first

Thanks Alot Guys
Conrad

BTW I took it out right after the install and ripped the first 3 gears- OMG- OMG- It is a huge difference I love it and the throttle response is much much better with the exception of my problem, the car really squats in the back now the and front really lifts up. :laughlitt :kooky: :drool:

·
Registered
701 Posts
GTRmustang95

The problem is that you have to much main-air flow at the throttle body. Close the idle screw until the throttle blade gets stuck and ten open the idle screw about a 1/4 turn. Make sure the trottle blade doesnt stuck any more.

If that's still not enough, you might want to put an orifice into the IAC-circuit to reduce the hanging RPM effect.
Dothe following:
Take a copper plug for plumbing and drill a 3/8" hole in the plug.
Now put this plug into the rubber hose attached to the IAC. Make sure that the plug seals to the side (rubber hose) and can not be sucked into the IAC valve.

Costs:
49 Cents fot the plug @ a hardware store
Time:
~ 15 minutes
Result:
Yeah that's nice shifting now....

Hope this helps out!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dollarbill said:

I was planing on making it out of a sheet of cooper I have, what size holes did u make?
Is one larger than the other(meaning-one original size and the other is much smaller) or are both much small same size holes?

I just want to know ahead of time what size to make.

Also if its two different sizes is the larger hole the top or should the larger hole be the bottom?

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Just take a little time and go through the whole thread. I think the hole on the left is smaller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.