Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you plans for your Pony for 2006?

Mods?

Road Trip?

Sale / Trade ??

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm hoping to get my forged / built shotblock before April. Install it with the Vortech. Add a BAP, some fuel lines, fuel rails, a alu one-piece driveshaft... and some other goodies... like by-passing the varible timing...

Maybe later pulley it, make my own intake (with Tunable Inductions (John's) help.) Maybe some even larger injectors, etc...

If / when she doesn't hook, I might play with the suspension... maybe getting some skinies for the front... maybe enginering a drop loose front sway-bar...??

·
Registered
785 Posts
Wheeeee!!!

Happy new year to all. I'm thinking of dropping mine one inch soon, maybe CAI/tuner combo, fuel door, hood lifts dead pedal to go with my steeda pedals, shorty antenna.

Take me drunk, I'm home.

Good morning to you:wavey

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm gonna offer to trade for a shelby, but I think we all know that wont work.:sosad:

So I'm gonna go with the c and l /sct combo, xpipe, frpp borla style muffs, billit power window shelf, tinted windows, maybe a 07 cobra style ducktail. Also maybe a full tilt audio video nav system.

Oh and the last thing i did last year was beat a 99ish trans am to 65 from a stop light...........:winks ! At the next light he said it was pretty moded up. Great way to end a great year!

Happy New Year to all!!!:smoke:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looking to aquire a catted Mac ProChamber to back up some longtube headers, and a flash.
Stuff in some CMPD's, and a flash.
If I have any money left over, a Meziere water pump and some 3.90 gears.

My goal is to be able to outrun my dad's '02 Vette (an auto).
What do you think, maybe?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brnrkm said:
Looking to aquire a catted Mac ProChamber to back up some longtube headers, and a flash.
Stuff in some CMPD's, and a flash.
If I have any money left over, a Meziere water pump and some 3.90 gears.

My goal is to be able to outrun my dad's '02 Vette (an auto).
What do you think, maybe?
Sounds like a plan! Take your dad to the strip and it should be close!

I love the sound of the Pro Chamber but how are you going to hook it up with the LT's? Maybe they make some that will work now...?? With your intake, headers and a tune you should for sure have dad in a box!

I'd get UD pulleys before CMDP's and water pump... the pump is pretty much useless for power...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I plan to do alot to my mustang in 2006

·
Registered
294 Posts
kj_cinci said:
Sounds like a plan! Take your dad to the strip and it should be close!

I love the sound of the Pro Chamber but how are you going to hook it up with the LT's? Maybe they make some that will work now...?? With your intake, headers and a tune you should for sure have dad in a box!

I'd get UD pulleys before CMDP's and water pump... the pump is pretty much useless for power...
Mac longtubes http://www.partshopper.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=126&catid=
Mac ProChamber with cats for longtubes http://www.partshopper.com/shop/MAC-Long-Tube-ProChamber-2005-2006-GT-m123.html
I'm really looking forward to hearing what these will sound like with the stock mufflers!

I've already got a line on the Charge Motion Delete plates :winks

I dunno, I could just never buy into the UD pulley idea. It's just the principal of the thing, slow down the alternator (need that) water pump (need that) air conditioner (really need that!)?
I do a lot of putting around (my average speed is 30mph) and already have to (kinda) twist the Mrs. arm to take the Stang around town, so if it even acted like it was going to be temperamental I would never hear the end of it.
But, you never know. RPM Outlet has some MotoBlue pulleys for $200, I might have to change my mind.

Electric water pump is supposed to be good for at least 11hp with constistant cooling throughout the whole RPM range to boot. Pretty close to the 12-15hp gain of pulleys. A little over 300 bucks though.

Oh, and rocker stripes. Need more stripes ... like I need another hole in the head, or another Porsche! stupid car. :tongue
Hey! Here's my new goal for the year. Spend more on the Mustang than on the Porsche.
I better hurry up and order the Macs, I'm already behind.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Pro Chamber sounds awesome! I'll have to swing by down there just to hear them with headers! Must be even 'awesomer'! :happyhapp

Yea, the CMDP's are good, really good, especially if you don't pay $320 for em' and then another few 100 on install...!!

Engine cooling and gen have no probs with UDP's... must say I'm not thrilled about those 100* days in traffic... A/C simply does not work too well idling... :cool: Just another reason to get that Vortech on there...

I have yet to see proof of more than a couple RWHPs from an electric waterpump... the cooling is a strong argument though!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Happy 2006 doesn't sound that good. Now my 05 car is old. :)
No more mods for me. Just going to enjoy what I've got this year. Actually considering transporting the car out to Vegas in Sept. for the Pony Drive which is going up and down the West coast.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey at least my Mieral Grey is a classic now... discontinued color... :tongue

·
Registered
191 Posts
gatta have a s/c for mine by my birthday in april....a man haz to have goals...and i want to finish setting up the suspension....i am ready for more power and less wheel spin.......and maybe some stripes?????? i can't decide???? i put the ss grill in it and the cdc spoiler and now it is really low and black up front, thought about going gray stripes to match my wheels???? what do you guys think????:cool:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SC and no spin huh... not to mention your 4:10's... You'll have to get some serious rubber with that suspension... :winks

It's all good fun though!

·
Registered
191 Posts
well i might have to change the ol' gears again?????? not sure if we can get her to hook up and if it does we will have to go get checked for whiplash.....like you said its all in fun right........:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts