Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry everyone, I had to do it. Even though many of you said to wait as the sound from the x-pipe would grow on me, it just wasn't happening. So I bought a Mac o/r h-pipe for $132, and I gotta tell you, it sounds SOOOO much better. Its just a touch quieter than the x, which I don't mind, but it flows much smoother with alot less drone.

Now for the problem, and I was experiencing this with the x as well, but I am getting a slight vibration from the exhaust. Here is the funny thing, it only happens at about 2300 RPM in every gear, however it goes away after the car has warmed up some. It sounds as though its coming from the passanger side muffler, and I have checked the whole system for clearance and everything looks fine. I thought it may be a leak, and while making some adjustments I noticed water dripping from the ball flange where the catback meets the h-pipe. So I got some exhaust sealent to put around it, but it didn't help. If I knew 100% that welding the system in place would cure it, I would do it, but I thought I would throw it out on here and see if any of you guy (and gals) have experienced this problem. As always, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sometimes it is not even the exhaust system itself.

Check for loose heat shields. They caused a whole lot of problems om my stang!

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that you mention it, it sounds exactly like the vibration a heatshield would make. I just don't understand why it only does it at those rpms :shrug .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.