Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I had a trunk full of luggage, cleaning supplies, and a tool box along with other junk for the trip. 2nd time at a 1/4 track and ran 12.2 haha yes the times suck. Still on the stock tires and will be looking for MT in the near future.

Not bad on stock tires and a trunk full of stuff. I am surprised that you ran a 12.2 with all of that h.p. on stock tires. M/T drag radials are the way to go. After a proper burn out they will hook up for sure.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah I still have a lot of learning to do with the car, but there is no track where I live at. Yes, MT will be on the list of a future purchase. Me and the magnum were the two fastest street cars there. An Audi R8 running 13's and a 10-12 GT500 on slicks running 12.2's also.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm very happy with my vortech kit. I recently took the car on a 2k mile road trip and hitting the drag strip pretty hard midway through the trip. On the way back after driving a good 6 hours I decided to get a dyno run at the JMS shop and hit 576hp 460qt with no cool down straight off the interstate. I installed mine myself and it wasnt too bad. I have the black kit and when I pop the hood people don't even know its there.
Dyno'd the car today. It was a perfect 70 degrees and with 100 octane we were 584 rwhp and an unreal 500 ft lbs of torque. I wasn't expecting the torque...about 30 more lbs than I expected.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Dyno'd the car today. It was a perfect 70 degrees and with 100 octane we were 584 rwhp and an unreal 500 ft lbs of torque. I wasn't expecting the torque...about 30 more lbs than I expected.

Nice numbers! Especially the 500 ft lbs of torque.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hell yeah those are nice numbers. It was about 95 degrees that day for me but since its getting cooler I will be jumping on it again since I received my Snow Performance kit and getting a retune.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hell yeah those are nice numbers. It was about 95 degrees that day for me but since its getting cooler I will be jumping on it again since I received my Snow Performance kit and getting a retune.
The torque was unexpected. This guys dyno has been spot on. Just the right day I guess. The HP number were what I expected.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I am going with a paxton or vortech kit I have not seen a whipple, roush out peform these kits.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Paxton, Vortech, Whipple or Roush - any of these kits will smoke your tires all day long. Whatever you pick enjoy it and post up.

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'm happy with my paxton now, but that was not always the case.

2 issues.

1) Their canned tune is absolutely HORRIBLE ! at least for my car it never worked and they could never do it the right way so something tell's me their tuner sucks !

2) Plastic coolant tank is a POS, overtime it will expand. so i suggest either making your own better unit or buying one from JPC.

Other than that i love it...
If properly tuned the car is literally a monster especially in high RPM.

·
Registered
934 Posts

Hey man, are you still having problems with your set up ?

I will be honest, IMHO your numbers seem kind of low considering you are on 100 octane gas. (UNLESS it really is on 6.5 psi)
And how are you putting out 6.5 psi? when Vortech/Paxton stock pulley is 7.5-8.5 psi. closer to 8-8.5 for most owners with stock airbox.
Are you sure your gauge is reading the numbers correctly ?
I think i PM'ed you today, anyway we need to meet up sometime and see what's going on with your ride and talk about few things..

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
OP:
I considered the Vortech one way back because I am a previous Vortech owner and loved how the black looked. THEN, I realized that the Paxton 2200 is about the same (in technology) but has the potential of 800+HP if the engine is beefed up. It's actually less than the Vortech depending on where you shop. I have since changed my mind and will be going with a Roush next year since I have an auto, mainly do street driving (TVS better for lower RPM Tq), and it requires less fabbing under the hood (cutting bumper etc).

Having said that, if your interest is the Vortech, I would seriously research and consider that 2200 Novi. Good Luck
RC

·
Registered
775 Posts
The head unit on the Paxton is a little larger and rated 10hp higher but I wouldn't let the difference between 775hp and 800hp maximums - considering all the work needed to make either work at that level - be a deciding factor. I think the black Vortech Kit looks better then the additional 10hp from the Paxton would feel.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was hoping to hear from someone who installed this themselves. I read the manual last night and it looks pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was hoping to hear from someone who installed this themselves. I read the manual last night and it looks pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I am going with a paxton or vortech kit I have not seen a whipple, roush out peform these kits.
Bandit, are you going to install the SC yourself---would love to see the finished product or even give you a hand doing it!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeah it is. I'd recommend hooking up the vacuum line to the BOV and the radiator hose to the thermostat housing before hooking up the Intercooler to Throttle body piping. The manual has you doing that after which is impossible.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Bandit, are you going to install the SC yourself---would love to see the finished product or even give you a hand doing it!
I will let you know when I do it early spring. Just pondering upgrading the bottom end to a L&M block with I beams and a return fuel system instead of a BAP.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts