Ford Mustang Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
I will let you know when I do it early spring. Just pondering upgrading the bottom end to a L&M block with I beams and a return fuel system instead of a BAP.
I believe the JPC kit comes with the return style, as well as the 8 rib upgrade.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I installed mine myself and its not hardest car mod to do. It's better to know how it goes together so if something goes wrong you wont have that deer in the headlights look. Plus save $500-1K :winks

·
Registered
522 Posts
I will let you know when I do it early spring. Just pondering upgrading the bottom end to a L&M block with I beams and a return fuel system instead of a BAP.
Sounds good Bandit, PM me when you are ready to roll>

·
Registered
106 Posts
I replaced mine with the Canton reservoir, it's not as pretty as the JPC piece, but it's about 50 bucks cheaper.
Please post a link/part # for the Canton resevoir... Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
You know what I think would be neat… a supercharger that gets its air from a mach1 type hood scoop… you look at some of the designes for air intake and you think they can’t work well…
My favorite “sarcasm” is the one that pulls air from the back of the engine block…. Right above the exhaust headers… I would think mine are cherry freakin red at about 1000 feet of WOT… Kenne Bell’s air intake is about three feet long and it looks like you have to remove the front bumper to change the air filter… I like the mach1 hood scoop type of induction idea, like the 671 blowers on the older hotrods… ? Does anyone make this for any type of Supercharger that will work on a 2011+ 5.0 Mustang?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nevermind. Don't want to sling mud..

I actually was hoping my SC whine would be louder. At idle with the hood closed, you can hardly hear it over my Borlas.
Who makes the S/C that has the nsaty whine at idle??I dont want any mistake whats under my hood.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Been close to 5 years, 16k miles and still could not be happier. I did change from the stock vortech tune to a brenspeed tune and a bap. Not that the vortech tune was bad but the brenspeed tune, jlt cold air, and bap did make even more power. It now dyno's at 565 rwhp. Can't wait till summer time.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I am consdering installing a Vortech supercharger on my 2011 GT 5.0. I would like to here from the happy and not so happy Vortech owners. My performance shop has quoted me $6,200 installed and dyno tuned. He said I should get around 200 additional h.p. at the rear wheels on 8 lbs. of boost. Your pro's and con's comments are appreciated.

I'm a happy Vortech owner, it's not and 11 but a 95, but I gained 109 rwhp w 8 lbs of boost. If you're fairly handy with a a wrench then you could probably install it your self over a weekend. However, tuning is definitely a necessity.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
These are blow thru setups. Meaning the MAF sensor is after the compressed air which results in, "not-so-good" drive-ability compared to a draw thru setup in which the MAF is before the supercharger. They still drive very well but not as good as their draw thru counterparts. If you are not happy with the base tune from Vortech we have a great calibration for your 5.0 cars with the Vortech manual cars. See this video and we explain it all! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqrsZpUVUW8

41 - 51 of 51 Posts