Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading through the other forums on the site, and this question didn't exactly fit anywhere, so I'm gonna ask it here.
How ofter does everyone drive their cars hard (i.e race type driving)? And does anyone have any problems with parts breaking because of it? Basically, were our cars built to take the punishment or will they break down easily? I'm a noobie so I'd like to know before I damage mine :sosad: ...

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I floor mine at least once every time I drive it. Stangs are meant to be beat on, if maintained properly. Built Ford tough! :worship

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Whats hard driving to one person may not be to another but in general im fairly hard on my car, I'll open her up when ever its safe to do so, not necessarily against any one.

As far as parts breaking or anything of that nature, Ive had no problems other than replacing the usuall consumables. (Tires, brake's etc.)

·
Registered
295 Posts
STONECOLD said:
Whats hard driving to one person may not be to another but in general im fairly hard on my car, I'll open her up when ever its safe to do so, not necessarily against any one.

As far as parts breaking or anything of that nature, Ive had no problems other than replacing the usuall consumables. (Tires, brake's etc.)
I agree with the last two posts. I drive my car hard also, funny thing is though I don't have to drive my car as hard to smoke someone like I did when I had my 02 gt.

HAHAHA! Just a little joke. I probably drive cobra harder than the gt. Especially after each mod. Who needs drugs when you have horsepower.

·
Registered
174 Posts
dollarbill said:
I floor mine at least once every time I drive it.
Ditto.

It wouldn't say "MUSTANG" if it wasn't meant to be driven like one :)

I drive my V6 pretty hard and I can feel the lack of performance in its parts, but I NEVER worry about them breaking or anything like that because I know that even though its "just a V6" its still a performance vehicle and can be driven as such.
I mean, you really can't drive a Park Avenue hard without feeling guilty, but you can put a stang through its paces and never feel bad because you know the car loved it just as much as you did. :laughlitt

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I floor it daily. I won't powershift unless I'm runnin' someone, or showing off.

They'll take it.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
As long as you're not abusing it(ie redlining, not changing the oils and other fluids when you should, not rotating the tires, etc) you could do whatever you want. Bad stuff is going to go wrong with the car no matter how you drive it over time. Cars aren't built to last forever :). When sometihng goes wrong...fix it. You shouldn't baby the car and not drive fast in fear of breaking something, otherwise you wasted your money on a mustang and shoulda bought an economic car:tongue . Let her rip, dude :eyepoppin

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
When I have another car that's registered and insured, I'm alot less gentle.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I always drive my cars HARD. No offense to anybody but most of the American Cars I have own usually end up breaking after a while. :sosad: I still love the American Muscle though

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know I posted in this thread yesterday.... hmmmm.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Drive "Hard" on a track and you will quickly find your cars weak spots-brakes, cooling issues, etc.

Another way to tell if your driving her to hard is when she starts screaming ouch!:scream: LOL
:naughty

·
Registered
567 Posts
GR40Snake said:
Drive "Hard" on a track and you will quickly find your cars weak spots-brakes, cooling issues, etc.

Another way to tell if your driving her to hard is when she starts screaming ouch!:scream: LOL
:naughty
Tell me about it!! My 96 Cobra had cooling problem, clutch problem, shifting ( grinding )problem, limited slip problem awwww man I could go on & on & on. I believe once you start moding you car, your asking for it.
But I cant help myself, I gots to MOD :evillol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.