Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my mustang for 10 days and I drove 1800 km
GT 2012, 3.73, Brembo package
the only way I got a little spin in 1st gear it's at 4000rpm launch.
AdvanceTrack off (button pressed and held more than 5 seconds, brake applied, no throttle)
I'm very disappointed, what i'm doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Those tires hook good and this cars have good weight transfer to the rear. If you think that you are not making power put it on a dyno and look at what its putting down. What altitude do you live at? Altitude will take horsepower away. Lastly at 1800km the motir is still a virgin. It will make a bit more power in a couple of more thousand kilometers

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
AdvanceTrack off (button pressed and held more than 5 seconds, brake applied, no throttle)
Even with the advancetrac off the car is not designed to spin the tires. It's designed to move you forward at a very rapid clip! What you're seeing in print and on the internet is a burn out. It sounds a contradiction, but this is accomplished with application of the brakes. Much like jumping out of a perfectly good airplane pressing the gas and the brake pedal at the same time is an un-natural act. However, if you want smoky/excessive wheel spin in a straight line that's what it takes. It's considered a power move because most car's power will not over come their brakes. Not so with a muscle car. Hence the name!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Should have got a base GT with the stock 18's. lol
The all season tires suck for grip and break loose very easily.

·
Registered
58 Posts
All the work Ford put into the car hooking up and movin out and youre mad because it doesnt spin the tires? I dont get it. If its spinning, it aint goin forward guy. leave it alone...its working

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just wait till it gets colder, then you'll be able to spin them in just about any gear. My car is hooking great in the summer heat and I love it.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Hey ya'll, watch this!

Just wait till it gets colder, then you'll be able to spin them in just about any gear. My car is hooking great in the summer heat and I love it.
+1 on this, my car will break them loose in 4th gear under WOT at about 4500 Rpm's without touching the clutch when the pavement temp gets below 40 degrees F.

If you are extremely upset about not smoking the Pirelli's, try doing a launch in 2nd gear at 4000-4500 rpm's with all the nannies off, press and hold the TC button until the the display reads "ADVANCETRAC OFF".

You will not be disappointed:bounce2:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Were you on the street or at the track?
when I first went to the track with my base GT I had zero traction 1-3 gears with crazy wheelspin and hop lol

my buddy with his Brembo car had the same problem

I bet I could lite those wheels up on your car without doing a burnout.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Were you on the street or at the track?
when I first went to the track with my base GT I had zero traction 1-3 gears with crazy wheelspin and hop lol

my buddy with his Brembo car had the same problem

I bet I could lite those wheels up on your car without doing a burnout.
This, I wish mine didn't spin.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
My understanding is when ADVANCTRAC is off, Traction Control is still on. Forget turning off ADVANCTRAC as it is for stability and not traction. Just turn off traction control and you should have no problem with doing a burn out with just a minor application of break.

G

·
0 Posts
My understanding is when ADVANCTRAC is off, Traction Control is still on. Forget turning off ADVANCTRAC as it is for stability and not traction. Just turn off traction control and you should have no problem with doing a burn out with just a minor application of break.
AdvanceTrac is the name Ford gave to the traction/stability control system as they use the same hardware. When you hit the button once you just turn off traction control. When you turn off AdvanceTrac completely by holding the button more than 5 seconds, you turn off both traction and stability control.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Ok, then I understand wrong. This is how I understand it.

One click - TC off = No traction control but stability control still on.

Two clicks with break on - Sports mode = limited traction control and stability control.

Hold 5 seconds - ADVANCTRAC Off = No stability control but TC still on.

My car will not do a burn out with ADVANCTRAC off. It does very easy with traction control off.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Ok, then I understand wrong. This is how I understand it.

One click - TC off = No traction control but stability control still on.

Two clicks with break on - Sports mode = limited traction control and stability control.

Hold 5 seconds - ADVANCTRAC Off = No stability control but TC still on.

My car will not do a burn out with ADVANCTRAC off. It does very easy with traction control off.
Sorry, I may have forgot a step. When going into advance trac off, press the TC button once and let go to get the message "traction control off", then with the brakes applied, press and hold until advance trac off appears. I do not remember doing this, but if your car does not turn off TC with advance-trac off then this should solve your problem.

I would still try 2nd gear if you have not, it was just a thing of beauty spinning all the way to 65 without having to let off for a shift. And yes, just turning off TC is what I think I did when I did the 2nd gear burnout, advancetrac was still on to keep me heading straight

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just to clarify, AdvanceTrac is the whole system name, that includes Electronic Stability Control and Traction Control System.

And from the 2012 manual:

Press button 1x = TCS off

Press button 2x(brake applied) = Sport mode (TCS and ESC are BOTH on)

Press button and hold 5+ seconds(brake applied) = AdvanceTrac is off (TCS and ESC).

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just wait until you see how fast your Pirelli P-Zeros wear. Then look at what they cost to replace. You should be happy you aren't burning them :).

·
0 Posts
Seems strange. My car will break the tires lose in second gear and go sideways by just flooring the accelerator. And that is with the 3.55 gear set.
Don't forget to factor in the ambient temperature and humidity.
A hot muggy day will make the car significantly slower.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Just to clarify, AdvanceTrac is the whole system name, that includes Electronic Stability Control and Traction Control System.

And from the 2012 manual:

Press button 1x = TCS off

Press button 2x(brake applied) = Sport mode (TCS and ESC are BOTH on)

Press button and hold 5+ seconds(brake applied) = AdvanceTrac is off (TCS and ESC).
I think you are correct, however I think AdvanceTrac (off) = ESC is off and TC is the same as sports mode (limited). I have an auto and when you turn off AdvanceTrac you can't burn out. 3.15 gears may be the issue. I have no problem spinning the tires with TC off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for reply.
What I want to do is spin tires not a burnout, I know Ford make this car to go foward, but I buy this car only for playing with, I don't really care about tire price and I spend 300$ gaz the first week.
In the manual (P.214) : button pressed and held more than 5 seconds, brakes applied, no throttle : mode AdvanceTrac disabled, icon status on, ESC disable, TCS disable. I read that a lot of people said the car is undriveable because so much power, lost controle, tire spin to the 3rd gear...I'm drunk tonight but tomorow morning I go for Steeda CAI and SCT custom tuning device package. I buy a 3.73 for easy smoke, I will try lauch in second gear and I will go on dyno soon.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think you are correct, however I think AdvanceTrac (off) = ESC is off and TC is the same as sports mode (limited). I have an auto and when you turn off AdvanceTrac you can't burn out. 3.15 gears may be the issue. I have no problem spinning the tires with TC off.
I don't know why you can't spin the tires with the AdvanceTrac all the way off, but the Traction Control is definitely not on if you have AdvanceTrac off. It's the same as turning the TCS off but also turns off the Stability Control as well. I turn it all off when I drive because too many times it has kicked in when I was in full control of the car but it didn't think I was. Pisses me off.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts