Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 mustang with a 2.3l auto. When i shut off the engine, it sometimes (most of the times) is starts up rough. It seems like it flooding out. I have removed plugs and replaced. It help a little. Today I drove it a mile and came back home, 30 mins. later wouldn't start. Has battery power, starter was new (i messed it up again, 3rd one in 6 months) broke the cone on 2nd starter. I have replaced plugs, wires, fuel reg., dual spark inhibitor, both coils, and fuel filter. When this problem happens, sometimes i have to let it sit for hours before it will start again

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
When it wont start what is MISSING or to does it have to much fuel??? Check spark when it wont start. Is it sparking at the plugs?? Check fuel with a NOID light does the injectors pulse?? Is their to much fuel Flooded. Also check the fuel preasure regulator by unhooking the vacuun hose. Is the hose flooded with GAS. Or is the crankcase flooded with gas?? Make some tests and podt back. Also fuel presure what is it when it wont start. Start digging in and post back Peace Tom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys sorry for late response.. had busy weekend, son grad. and daughters b-day. There are no codes coming thru, spark plugs are getting spark, no fuel in hose, and have not had a chance to read fuel pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts