Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on installing a GT rear bumper cover sometime this week (to accomodate the dual mufflers that are going on next week). I was hoping that someone that has done it before could let me know what kind of hardware I am going to need to complete the install. I would rather not get halfway through and realize I need to go to home depot for something. I have heard that there are a few rivits to drill out. No problem there. However, if I want to put rivits back in does anyone know what size they are? I have heard that many replace the rivits with nuts and bolt, but I am not sure what size they might need to be. I was planning on having both and deciding the best option once I get to that point. Also, if anyone has a write up of the procedure with really good pics and would like to send it to me that would be OUTSTANDING! I replaced my side valences a few weeks ago and it was a real pain to get them off. I wish that I would have ordered the parts I needed (i.e. the lower christmas tree fasteners that are impossible to take out without destroying them before I started the install. I had to put it back with half of the deformed fasteners. I purchased new fasteners from the dealer recently and I will be replacing them once I am done with the bumper. I am trying to do the ground work this time around so I dont have to drive around with a rear bumper flapping around while I am looking for hardware :hihi:. I appreciate anyones input or war stories from this type of install.
Thanks!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Front and rear bumper how to
HOW TO: Install GT bumpers (w/Pics)

I would save the cash and notch the stock rear bumper there is a template available online at the Pypes site. It's so simple a cave man could do it :gringreen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.