Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm trying to get my dampener off my car, and I need help with the tool to do it with. What they look like, where to get, what y'all have used. This is a 2005 mustang gt btw. Thanks

Steven

·
Registered
307 Posts
They're kind of a pita since they don't use a standard balancer puller. You'll need a 3 prong puller that you can rent at autozone. I rented one when I changed my pulleys and it worked, it took some effort and a little patience but I got it.

·
Banned
612 Posts
yeah, a 18mm deep socket for the crank bolt and then the three jaw puller. I've never done it before and was able to take mine off without a hitch. There are specific areas to put the three jaws. You might already know this. There is a good how to guide I used when I installed mine I used this as a reference.

Steeda Underdrive Pulley install (with pics) - MustangForums.com

When I installed the new crank pulley I just used the old crank bolt to push it back on to the shaft and when it felt like it was almost snug I removed it and installed the new crank bolt.

Also, I read somewhere that if you can't find a 3 jaw puller a Chrysler one will work.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well, I'm trying to get my dampener off my car, and I need help with the tool to do it with. What they look like, where to get, what y'all have used. This is a 2005 mustang gt btw. Thanks

Steven
I bought a set from Harbor Freight. Not the best quality but the price was right ($20) and it did the job.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks for the input. I saw that crysler one at auto zone, I'll try that one out. I'll let ya know how my experience goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts