Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to place and order from steeda but I can't because I live in Canada. I'm having it shipped to a receiving company I always use in the states. Has anyone ever found a way to place an order that lives in canada? I really want use this 20% off while it lasts.

I order tons of things this way to avoid the high prices that are charged up here for some things and usually there is no problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I assume bigger savings on dot com rather then dot.ca

Just for fun, as I was also looking at .ca, I looked at same item on com and ca and there was $1.00 cheaper in US. I am guessing you have checked both for specifics and savings are substantial in US. Something to keep in mind in my next shopping round

Steeda Billet Radiator Cap Cover - Steeda Logo

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just for fun, as I was also looking at .ca, I looked at same item on com and ca and there was $1.00 cheaper in US. I am guessing you have checked both for specifics and savings are substantial in US. Something to keep in mind in my next shopping round

Steeda Billet Radiator Cap Cover - Steeda Logo
Yeah the difference is $150 on a $500 order.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Toute une difference

Definitively worth the extra effort when such a big diff. Happy shopping

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've ordered from Steeda.ca and had good results. I've also ordered boat parts from US sites and my experience is that it would cost you at least $100 brockerage for a $500 order. It's not always greener on the other side.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've ordered from Steeda.ca and had good results. I've also ordered boat parts from US sites and my experience is that it would cost you at least $100 brockerage for a $500 order. It's not always greener on the other side.
Yeah if you ship it across the boarder it's a lot of fees. I go across the boarder every couple of months to pick things up. I probably will have to pay taxes on a purchase this size but I would need to pay at least some of that if i purchased it in Canada. It's only about 30-40 min away for me to get across the boarder to go to our receiving company.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Did you try calling Steeda instead of ordering online? You might also consider adding the address of the place you're sending it to with your credit card company as an alternate address.

I've been doing the ordering to the USA and picking up for 15 years. Just pay taxes (and duties on certain things made outside North America) on the way back .. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you try calling Steeda instead of ordering online? You might also consider adding the address of the place you're sending it to with your credit card company as an alternate address.

I've been doing the ordering to the USA and picking up for 15 years. Just pay taxes (and duties on certain things made outside North America) on the way back .. :bigthumbsup
I didn't even know you could add an address to your visa, thanks I'll give that a try. Apparently the only way they will process a order from Canada is with a bank transfer to them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I didn't even know you could add an address to your visa, thanks I'll give that a try. Apparently the only way they will process a order from Canada is with a bank transfer to them.

Sorry to bring back an old thread but i think the credit card second address worked!

I just called MC and added my Freeport address and was able to complete the transaction with Steeda.com.

I wish i had known that before, the first time i had to use the bank transfer which was a pain.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I have also ordered from Steeda ca. ( near Toronto in Milton) It is more expensive than getting things from the US if you are able to go over there and pick them up. ( I am fortunate enough to live in a Border City ) But if you have to buy in Canada, i have had no problems with Steeda ca. and I think their prices are competetive. Also, one of the guys in our club had some mechanical and dyno work done at their facility, and he swears by them. And he is a very fussy guy, with his car, so if he is satisfied, that speaks volumes for Steeda's service. Just my .02

·
Registered
402 Posts
What is the 20 percent off code i might pick up their UCA for a good price then

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have also ordered from Steeda ca. ( near Toronto in Milton) It is more expensive than getting things from the US if you are able to go over there and pick them up. ( I am fortunate enough to live in a Border City ) But if you have to buy in Canada, i have had no problems with Steeda ca. and I think their prices are competetive.

Agreed, if you can't pick up in the USA like some of us, then Steeda.ca is a better option by far than trying to deal with cross-boarder shipping especially on bigger or more expensive parts.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
All of my Steeda parts have come from steeda.ca (Milton)

If you have a powerpoints card prices are a bit cheaper plus you gain addition points which is dollars for your next purchase! My next purchase from there will be their adjustable sway bar kit:yelpleased: They are also able to get products that may not be listed on their website.

Don't get me wrong I have ordered many many times out of the U.S (90% of my mods) but the product and shipping combine must obv be lower then what it is here to make sence!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to bring back an old thread but i think the credit card second address worked!

I just called MC and added my Freeport address and was able to complete the transaction with Steeda.com.

I wish i had known that before, the first time i had to use the bank transfer which was a pain.
I'm glad it worked for you. When I went to place my order the first time and they wanted a bank transfer I was not into that either. The good thing is this should work for all sites that want a US billing address.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is the 20 percent off code i might pick up their UCA for a good price then
If you're referring to the 20% off I was talking about that ended the week after thanksgiving. Sorry but they may offer a spring sale or something. Who knows.

Schram1 said:
All of my Steeda parts have come from steeda.ca (Milton)

If you have a powerpoints card prices are a bit cheaper plus you gain addition points which is dollars for your next purchase! My next purchase from there will be their adjustable sway bar kit They are also able to get products that may not be listed on their website.

Don't get me wrong I have ordered many many times out of the U.S (90% of my mods) but the product and shipping combine must obv be lower then what it is here to make sence!
I usually try to buy parts in Canada if they are competitively priced, but since steeda.ca wasn't offering the 20% off the .com site was, it was a major difference in price. I have signed up for the power points card so if I need a steeda part in the future I will likely go with the Canadian dealer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts