Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to replace my stock antenna with a shorter one. I was wondering if anybody has this antenna?? Is it any good?

·
Registered
146 Posts
draekus said:
I wanted to replace my stock antenna with a shorter one. I was wondering if anybody has this antenna?? Is it any good?
Yep, I bought it and it works good, and looks 10x better than the stock one. I'd recommend it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
One of the coolest things we did! Totally get it. We got the chrome one though. Looked a little dressier.

·
Registered
157 Posts
JDB--How does the chrome one look good with the black cover at the base? Or did you find a replacement for that?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I bought the short one in black and it looks awesome...

Living in a big city, I do not have any reception problems...

Get one and see!!!

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
I dont know about you guys, but instead of spending money on a new antenna, I swapped my black on out for a regular chrome color one, and literally took a grinder to it. I'll post some pictures of it when I can. I think it looks nice, it's about 5-6" and it works ABSOLUTLY fine. Plus, it was free. :eyebulge:

·
Registered
43 Posts
OUPony: Chrome fits right in with the other accents i.e. front pony, emblems, badge etc... With the grill/rockers/mirrors and such black, everything blends nicely. I don't think you can go wrong with black either. I just thought the chrome one looked a little more solid & it shines nice.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Here is my antenna... Like I said, I just put it to a grinder, although I heard if you use the black one that comes on the Mustang, that the black paint will chip. and even though it looks a lot bigger in the picture, it's only about 5-6" high.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
draekus said:
I had this antenna. I wasn't happy with the look but the reception was good. I look around for a long time and found this one.

http://www.truckxpressions.com/images/exterioraccessories/ANTENNA06lg.jpg

I bought the six inch black one. This thing looks incredible and the reception is good. This antenna blows away the other one.

I got it here

http://www.autoaccessory4u.com/stanblpocofi.html

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have to agree with JDB's opinion. Chrome would look pretty sharp. Esspecially if you consider the heritage of the 05 design. See attached pic of a 68 fastback and you'll see what I mean. (what a sharp looking car!)
JDB, is the baseplate chrome? Or are these things simply screwed on existing base?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Running the Mustang Tuning 8", easy to take off when cover goes on or wash. reception ok in city.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Otto Man: Nope. Same Base. Just screw off/on. Easiest Mod yet and gets lots of comments. Nice Pic by the way. Gotta remember your roots!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Draekus, Thanks for the topic and everyone's comments. I just purchased the antenna in black. The chrome would look more retro, but so would 14" wheels. Funny, I never really noticed the antenna or gave it a thought until reading your link and everyone's comments. I've done extensive mods to my ride, but an antenna switch wasn't on the list until today. Thanks again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 Redfire GT IUP AT PREMIUM DK Charcoal - Complete Steeda Suspension -RK Sport Cal Ram Air Hood - CDC Ducktail and front spoiler - 3d Carbon rear windo U molding - Street Scene lower rear valance - Flowmasters - Sequential - Budnik 18" x 9's front, 10's rear - Goodrich KDW 255/45 & 285/40 - and soon a black shortie antenna

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey guys, thanks for all your suggestions and comments. I think i'll try out the one Sealionbeast recommends. That 6" black powder coated antenna must look great on the stang!

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Short flexible antena

Hey All,
I was intersted in getting one of those 6" atenas, mainly becaus ethe stock one interfered with my car cover. I found by pure accident a 14" flexible antena. Looks just as cool, with just as sharp reception, but will lie down when car cover is put on. (I do not have pic of it yet, will have one in gallery real soon).

·
Registered
626 Posts
Watch those flex antennas. I have a friend that had I think a 8" Flex antenna. From the wind the rubber actually stayed bent, watch out for that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Got it and installed it. I live in a very rural area of southern Maryland and the anntenna worked well pulling in FM stations up to 40 miles away. After that, nothing. I had to put the original back on and regained unlimited Wash. D.C. stations. (70 miles away)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree with peewee-23. If you live in an urban area, reception isn't an issue, but it definately isn't as good (reception wise) as the stock.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just received and installed the 8"er. It looks good and the reception is great. Now one hardly notices the antenna. When I take a trip, I can either reinstall the stocker (it takes less than a minute) or stash it in the trunk, and stock up on music CD's.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts