Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has done the 6 speed swap from D & D performance. Was any fabrication necessary? Also what are the gear ratios in the D & D 6 speed transmission, I can't find them on the website. I would be happy with a transmission that has close ratio drops between gears. I hate the big ratio drops between 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd in the factory transmission. Thanks. Dan

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
It just a 6 speed that they use in the GT500 TR6060.

The gear ratios on the 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500:
1st: 2.97
2nd: 1.78
3rd: 1.30
4th: 1.00
5th: 0.80
6th: 0.63

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gt 500 trans looks like it has the same big ratio drop between 1st and 2nd, similiar to the factory 3650 trans. I would love to have a close ratio trans like the 03-04 cobras had with the 266 1st gear.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I am sure first gear can be changed. Why go the expense of a complete tranny change unless you realy want one. Of course by the time you remove a tranny, dissasemble, change a gear and then put it all back together, it might be about the same amount as just buying a new one. Then you can sell the old one and recoupe some. GA

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Well you actually have to change two gears. One on the main shaft and a matching one on the counter shaft.

Well there is also the T56 you can try.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Well you actually have to change two gears. One on the main shaft and a matching one on the counter shaft.

Well there is also the T56 you can try.[/QUOTE

What would be involved in a t56 swap?
Basiclly the same as the TR606 but with a Ford bellhousing. They used to have a setup like that.

There is a 06 mustang at Tillmans now that has a 6speed out of a GTO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.