Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We lost a set of keys so I took our Mustang in to get a new key cut and programmed to the ECU along with a new fob.Since we are still carrying an extended warranty on the car, I removed the performance tune and reinstalled the OEM tune.

Once I got back from the dealer I installed the performance tune again. Since then I noticed that after driving, once I put the car back in park, the idle would drop way low and almost stall, but then even out. It wouldn't throw a code or set off the wrench light, and in all other instances the car would perform fine, it just would almost stall once I would put the car back into park.

Now for the heck of it I tried reverted back to the OEM tune, and then reinstalled the performance tune. Once I did that the symptom disappeared.

It's almost like the tune "didn't take" the prior time. Now being in the IT business that doesn't make sense to me. If the upload wasn't successful I should have gotten some sort of error message.

Nonetheless the problem is solved. THe only thing I can think of is that by reflashing the ECM first with the OEM tune and then with the performance tune, it reset the ECU and made the problem go away.

Oh and on a footnote. After I had turned my house upside down trying to find those lost keys, two weeks after I got the spare key made and programmed I found the set in the passenger side map pocket of our other car. The only thing I can think of is that they had fallen out of my pocket at some point.

·
Registered
704 Posts
That has happened to a few people on here but then it went away. My friend was over once and lost his key so he tried breaking into his car only to end up breaking the window in the process, he was really upset and took off his hat and then out popped his key. haha it was a great moment

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Now I may be wrong but I dont think so......the Dealer (Flashed) your PCM so now the 4 Didget Code on your PCM (Car's Computer) is no longer a match for your Tuner and Tunes. The Dealer should have gave you a New 4 Didget Code and placed that on your Stang's PCM, but they Seldome if ever do. So now you'll need to call, Im assuming Bama (AM) and let them know what happened

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I may be wrong but I dont think so......the Dealer (Flashed) your PCM so now the 4 Didget Code on your PCM (Car's Computer) is no longer a match for your Tuner and Tunes. The Dealer should have gave you a New 4 Didget Code and placed that on your Stang's PCM, but they Seldome if ever do. So now you'll need to call, Im assuming Bama (AM) and let them know what happened

I don't think that's it because the hand held tuner recognized the car when I went through the process of reloading the OEM tune and then loading the performance tune. Each time the car was recognized and the process indicated that it was successful. It's just the first time around I noticed the hesitation and now it's gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts