Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install some gauges. Probably oil pressure and oil temp. Because they seem like the easiest to install, and i guess are pretty good to monitor. But i really don't want to mess around with fittings and T-adaptors. Sounds like a headache because i am not really a mechanic. I always pay to get mods done. Gets expensive. So i want to do this one myself. Then i stumbled across Glow Shifts website. There gauges look pretty good. And they show these "oil filter sandwich adaptors" that look as easy as changing your oil filter to install. And allow for up to 3 sensors on the oil. So does anyone know if these are good? Or better yet, has anyone used them? Does the oil filter fit (clearance-wise) once the sandwich is in there? Here's the link..
Vehicle Specific Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have installed a sandwich adapter on my 2005 Mustang GT to measure oil pressure and it works great. I bought it from Glowshift Gauges website...

The only issue was finding a shorter oil filter because I lost about 1-1.2" in clearance with that adapter...

Since the sway bar is running across the bottom of the engine bay and the fact that I have lowered the motor 1/2" to accept the C&L Racer Intake tube, I had very little clearance...

I found a AC Delco filter that is only 3-1/2" tall and works great but just bearly fits...

Good Luck, Dave

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks soo much for the input!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts