Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a 2011 Mustang GT Premium Convertible. I am thinking of getting the "protector" applied to the car. It would protect the paint and the leather for seven years and would cost around $750.00. I live in Florida and between the sun and the lovebugs I am concerned about keeping the car pristine.

Has anyone had this (or a similar product) applied? If so, pros and cons?

Also, I am looking for floor mats. I want the silver pony and the red and silver GT logo. Does anyone know of a place where you can get more than one logo on the mats?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'd at the very least inquire what specific product(s) they're using. Then go online and google it. As an extra measure, find a reputable paint/body shop in your area and ask them their opinion.

I'd say if you're a busy individual and don't have the time for quarterly full details on your paint....$750 is money well spent. However, if you do plan to spend some time giving your ride some TLC, I can pretty much guarantee a pristine and better protected finish can be had/maintained.....that is with the right products of course.

·
0 Posts
Ripoff. The dealer tried selling me that when I bought my Mustang. I quickly declined it. I think there was another thread on here recently about it and someone who used to work as a porter at a dealer said they buy that stuff by the 55 gal drum and jack the price up.

Never buy stuff like this as well as any extended warranties. This is a cash cow for stealerships.

·
Registered
534 Posts
There is some good product that can be applied and it does do what they say it does. After 30 years in the car bussiness I have seen many different products offered, some good and some not so good, however whatever name they use ( we call it xylon here) it is very much overpriced at $750.00. In your area I will recomend that you get it done, but there is a good amount of profit in that price, try them on for a price of around $250.00 and see what they say, as far as the other ones that say all of the sealents are garbage there are some products that with the warranty that you get are worth it.

·
Banned
2,225 Posts
Also, I am looking for floor mats. I want the silver pony and the red and silver GT logo. Does anyone know of a place where you can get more than one logo on the mats?
Try Lloyd's Mats.

·
0 Posts
Try Lloyd's Mats.
Yea, the factory mats on these cars are trash. They're paper thin. Just lift it up and look on the backside of them.

When I bought my stang I made them tint the windows and put wheel locks on but forgot to ask them to throw in better mats.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mats

Try Lloyd's Mats.
Thanks,
I tried Lloyds Mats and I found some I like. I used the link on their site to go to a vendor but everytime I enter my vehicle information (2011 Mustang all other models) I only get options for the shelby. This is on all the sites that provide for Lloyds. Either there is something messed up in the options or big brother is watching me at work and doesn't want me getting mats. Anyone else have an issue

·
Registered
947 Posts
I put a lambskin condom over my ride. Works wonders, ladies.

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had The Protector applied to my wife's 1988 Shelby Lancer when we bought it new (in 1989).

Since I take really good care of my cars, I can't say it helped one way, or another.

Generally, with these products, you get $30 worth of wax, and $720 worth of limited warranty that has so many loopholes you can never make a claim, anyhow.

I'd say skip it and keep your money.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I used to sell cars... Perma-plate shizz is just a gimmick like others here state.

Spend money on sealents/glaze/wax.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts