Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else here has gone this route. Right now I'm running a VMP tune in my supercharged setup and I like it but I'd like to install a Snow Performance system. The VMP page says they can tune for that but they're light on the details and I'd like to know exactly what I'm getting into, so has anyone here gone down that road and if so how did you like the results? Thanks.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:so What I get for trying to save a buck.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You really don't have to change the tune to run meth. It actually would allow you to increase the ignition timing over 4000 rpms which you could do yourself.

Now you're telling me what I wanna hear :bigthumbsup At present the plan is to install the system, install the new boost pulley, install an updated version of the tune from Justin, then when I get around to it I'll finalize things with a short dyno session. Sounds like that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Now you're telling me what I wanna hear :bigthumbsup At present the plan is to install the system, install the new boost pulley, install an updated version of the tune from Justin, then when I get around to it I'll finalize things with a short dyno session. Sounds like that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks.
Changing the pulley is another thing. If you're increasing boost and adding the meth, you probably don't want to adjust the timing on your own. You'd probably also need to add a little fuel to the mix at WOT. I'd let Justin do it to be safe. You could always experiment with adding a degree or two of timing afterward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.