Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order Flowmaster American Thunder Axle Baks for my 06. All catalogs still say "05".

Has anyone installed these on their 06? Car companies sometimes make minor tweaks in their design from year to year.

I'd feel a lot better ordering these if an 06 owner has installed them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Nothing on the exhaust locations have changed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just put them on my 06. Just make sure you have a 13mm open ended wrench handy to get to the hanger bolts on the top of the stock mufflers.

I got them for 273.00 plus free shipping online.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It was easy, no problems at all. You will love the sound.:eyepoppin

·
Registered
29 Posts
traffic - I see you have the CDC ducktail as well. Have you installed a replacement 3rd brake light? I purchased the one from CDC, but have not installed it yet.

·
Registered
164 Posts
NrlyCajun said:
I just put them on my 06. Just make sure you have a 13mm open ended wrench handy to get to the hanger bolts on the top of the stock mufflers.

I got them for 273.00 plus free shipping online.
Put my on last week. Love em! Louder than stock but not too loud. Nice and deep... They don't seem to drone badly at all. You can hear them when on the highway, but it's very tolerable. Alot better than the 2 chambers I had on my 96 Cobra.

Install was easy. Took about 1.0 hour in my garage. The biggest pain is the bolt that sits between the frame and the top of the muffler itself. It just takes a little time to move it due to the tight space. Other than that, the install was cheesecake.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Piece Of Cake Butt If You Add......................

No problem here unless you decide to add a magnaflow x-pipe with high-flow cats like I did. Then the Flowmasters become twice as loud and rattle all your heat shields, license plate and whatever else is loose. :what:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I get mine 3-28-06, I will let you know how I like them!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.