Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GT/CS has the navigation package. It SHOULD come with the back up camera, but it does not because of the CS spoiler.

I am wondering if all the "hardware" for the camera system is still present, minus the wiring and camera of course.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the dealer install a rear camera on my 2014 GT/CS because it wasn't a factory option because of the spoiler. The camera is about the size of a board game dice and its installed at the top of the license plate. It works flawlessly with the factory navigation package.

My understanding was that it was just a matter of running the wires throughout the car. All the hardware was present. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the dealer install a rear camera on my 2014 GT/CS because it wasn't a factory option because of the spoiler. The camera is about the size of a board game dice and its installed at the top of the license plate. It works flawlessly with the factory navigation package.

My understanding was that it was just a matter of running the wires throughout the car. All the hardware was present. I hope this helps.
Thanks man. That suggests that it is a possible DIY project. I'll try to tackle this when it warms up.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
103 Posts
On my wife's 14 GT, I added the lockpick. That with the camera was easy to install. I had read that some camera pigtail should be in the trunk lid, but none was found. Mounted ours between the license plate lights and she is happy now. Her car did not come with the CS spoiler, so we added it later and had it painted they way she wanted.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

You have details? Does this camera feed show up on the nav display? Did he have to flash any firmware or update any software? I know I am capable of installing the camera. I'm just wondering if it's going to show right up on my nav screen or not.

Thanks.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My GT/CS has the navigation package. It SHOULD come with the back up camera, but it does not because of the CS spoiler.

I am wondering if all the "hardware" for the camera system is still present, minus the wiring and camera of course.

Thanks!
Agreed! I test drove a Premium with backup cam, the sales guy lied that mine would have it (he probably had no idea to be honest), and when i took delivery of my GT/CS...pissed no camera! They said i didn't have to take it but the beauty took over.

Now i know i have options.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The fact that the GT/CS lacks the back up camera is particularly ironic, since the big-ass spoiler substantially inhibits rear window visibility.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The fact that the GT/CS lacks the back up camera is particularly ironic, since the big-ass spoiler substantially inhibits rear window visibility.
i don't have any visibility issues, just think the camera is cool.

The wife on the other hand....at least she only drives every once and a while.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You have details? Does this camera feed show up on the nav display? Did he have to flash any firmware or update any software? I know I am capable of installing the camera. I'm just wondering if it's going to show right up on my nav screen or not.

The camera display shows up and fills the complete nav screen when I put the car in reverse. Then goes back to the normal screen when the car is not in reverse. Its got the color coded warning grid to show when you are getting close to something.

I'm not sure if there were any updates made to the firmware for it to recognize the camera. I wouldn't think so because I imagine that there is a video input jack in the nav system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the dealer install it back in May 2014 and I want to say that it was around $700. Not cheap but I think it was worth it. Plus it's a factory camera, so if there are any issues, I won't get the runaround in getting it fixed.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I had the dealer install it back in May 2014 and I want to say that it was around $700. Not cheap but I think it was worth it. Plus it's a factory camera, so if there are any issues, I won't get the runaround in getting it fixed.

Do you have the paperwork with part numbers?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let me do some research. I have all the paperwork but I'm not sure if it says exactly. I special ordered the car and I said I wanted the back up camera that wasn't available as a factory option. So they added a camera to the sales slip and the price was figured into the overall purchase price.

When the car arrived to the dealership, I picked it up and brought it back a couple weeks later to have the camera installed. I didn't go through the service department because the salesman took care of the logistics. If I can't find any part numbers, I'll call the dealership and see what I can find out for you.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Let me do some research. I have all the paperwork but I'm not sure if it says exactly. I special ordered the car and I said I wanted the back up camera that wasn't available as a factory option. So they added a camera to the sales slip and the price was figured into the overall purchase price.

When the car arrived to the dealership, I picked it up and brought it back a couple weeks later to have the camera installed. I didn't go through the service department because the salesman took care of the logistics. If I can't find any part numbers, I'll call the dealership and see what I can find out for you.

Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts