Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:headscratch:Ive been thinking of the procharger setup for my mustang. unfortunately i was underfunded to do so when i got the car new back in the summer of 05 and now just passing 40k is it too late to consider boosting a 4.0 block? the boost range is 7 to 10psi but im a little worried of "blowing it up." lol ive heard of some 6ers seing their death bed a lot sooner after going this route.
if so i plan on just finishing off the car with a underdrive pully and a 4.10 with a few dyno pulls and calling it a day.

all feed back is greatly appreciated. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I been the only owner and take good care of it. i just dont know how good the top and bottom ends are in these

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
They're actually a pretty solid engine. Reasonable boost and good tune and it'll be fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good to hear. im going to wait on that gear until i decide to go this route or not

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wait are you saying after you go over 40k its a bad idea to get a super charger? I was planning on getting a v6 05 stang next year when the price goes down a lil bit more what mileage should i be looking into then if i buy one and use a super charger on it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I hear the V6 is quite sturdy and that a well-maintained one should hold the low boost pretty well. With anything like that, you're shortening engine life. But hey, what's a better excuse for a 4.6 or 5.0 swap?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
procharger kit

a procharger hit for the v6 mustang is a great idea and the 4.0 can take probly bout 13psi boost on everyday driveing. i have a stage 2 procharger kit on my v6 mustang its great and a lot of fun lol. btw im looking to sell this intercooled supercharger kit for 3000 obo this is a 5800 dollar ki and i havent had it long its in perfect shape. with this kit u can make about 375 to 415 rwhp it will blow a gt away

·
Registered
1 Posts
a procharger hit for the v6 mustang is a great idea and the 4.0 can take probly bout 13psi boost on everyday driveing. i have a stage 2 procharger kit on my v6 mustang its great and a lot of fun lol. btw im looking to sell this intercooled supercharger kit for 3000 obo this is a 5800 dollar ki and i havent had it long its in perfect shape. with this kit u can make about 375 to 415 rwhp it will blow a gt away
Where did you purchase your super charger, and what did you pay for it. I think the procharger is better than the vortech and x charger from what i have read.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I hear the V6 is quite sturdy and that a well-maintained one should hold the low boost pretty well. With anything like that, you're shortening engine life. But hey, what's a better excuse for a 4.6 or 5.0 swap?!

Can anyone say sleeper? that would be awesome to own a v6 body with a 4.6 in it.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Can anyone say sleeper? that would be awesome to own a v6 body with a 4.6 in it.
Why not just buy a GT and replace the front and rear bumpers/badges? In fact, you could just change the badges... 50% of the v6 owners replace the bumpers/skirts with GT takeoffs.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
the 4.0's are very strong motors. the only two real weak points...head gaskets(thin an not very strong) and head studs. they are also slightly over compressed...like 9.7:1 or something. 9:1 would be ideal for forced induction applications. for less strain on the motor...turbos are the way to go. they also have the potential for more power and performance gains. the s/c's are popular because of the instant boost and even power, but are dangerous if they are not tuned properly by a reputable tuner. explorer express is releasing their x extreme supercharger in the next month or so. its now intercooled...and in testing shows 50+hp over non intercooled x chargers. Doug studdard from bama is leading the tuning for these systems, so you know they've got something going on. you can also run a 2.6 at 11.5lbs too. ill be getting this as soon as there is a group buy offer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.