Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running ground control "coilovers" (Steeda struts / shocks), lowered about 2", GT500 front arms and full heim joint rear arms, Potenza S04 305 / 275, "stock" Roush M90. The car feels very solid - very confident on corners if a little too stiff on bumps. But I'm constantly wondering what more it can be, handling wise.

I've been looking at the Griggs GR40 torque arm / watts link setup, they say it totally transforms the car. I'd like to find out, first by hearing from someone who's not selling it.

Anyone out there tried it? If so please comment! Thanks!

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Try some searches in the different forum sections here, pretty sure there are some threads on this around somewhere.

I have not tried one, but I do not believe it could possibly "transform the car." It will still have a solid rear axle, the two rear wheels are still connected to each other, and a bump on one side will still affect the other side. The Watts link just keeps the rear axle from moving side to side as the suspension travels. "They say" it makes the car feel more planted.

I don't know what the "torque arm" is or does.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This explains the torque arm - it makes sense to me:

Griggs Racing Products

the watts link is pretty expensive, and as you indicate it might just be a small tweak vs a leap in handling. But I'd like to hear from experience vs sales talk or conjecture.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Get with Paul Ramey. He has the Griggs system on his 67 and says it really planted the car, I think he said it was like driving a go kart.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Vorshlag runs the Whiteline WL on its performance Mustangs....from my readings of their write ups...its a definite YES for a WL Watts Link....
I have one, its not night and day but it is an upgrade and Yes, it does Feel more planted and lets you push it harder.

Ran the Mustang at VIR and the car was very well controlled, at least in comparison to the before performance of the stang. That was on all season tires.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your input - I've been eyeing a watt's link for a while now.

I've just ordered the adjustable rear control bracket (didn't know how important that is until reading the Vorshlag post), that's my next install / performance test. I'm adding one component at a time to see how each affects performance.

While cruising the internet I saw closeout deals on Tokico adjustable dampers. They may not be as good as Bilstein or Koni but I couldn't resist the price. I'll get those in over the next few weeks as time permits.

Once I put some miles on those I may spring for the watt's link - pricey component that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts