Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Replace them with these from Mustang Tuning. Unfortunately, they are longer and thinner than the stock ones. If you do it slowly you can peel the factory ones off without leaving glue or damaging the fabric on the visors.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Air Bag Tags Are For Safety

2horseowner said:
Replace them with these from Mustang Tuning. Unfortunately, they are longer and thinner than the stock ones. If you do it slowly you can peel the factory ones off without leaving glue or damaging the fabric on the visors.
I would not recommend removing the air bag tags. They are there to protect fire fighters that may have to remove your body, safely, from your vehicle in the event you are in a accident.:help: They are trained to look for those ugly tags before they use the Jaws of Life. If the fire dept. accidently cuts thru your air bag deployment during extrication it could injure them or injure you more than you already are if it goes off. Hope this didnt bum you out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I didn't know that they made any new cars in the US without airbags.

Come on now. If you're a firefrighter cutting into a new car, you're gonna know there are airbags in there and be concious of where the airbags are. That just comes with training. All these stickers are purely for the liability and our sue happy society.

I'm surprised there's not another warning on the dash.

"WARNING - This car is fast. If you drive like a moron, you will die."

Airbags get a bad rap. Saved thousands, if not millions from death and serious injuries. Yes, some people have been hurt by them, but you're better off with them than without them.

G

·
Just finally removed mine with a hairdryer and goof off.

Looks more toned down inside now.

I want this sticker...
"Warning-driving on rims without tires may cause loss of control"

:laughlitt

·
Registered
559 Posts
I took the original stickers off my visors with the use of a hair dryer...

I installed the same sticker as you did...

Too cool!!!

Dave :nogrinner :nogrinner :nogrinner :nogrinner

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Youngens?

Aggie's Mustang said:
I didn't know that they made any new cars in the US without airbags.

Come on now. If you're a firefrighter cutting into a new car, you're gonna know there are airbags in there and be concious of where the airbags are. That just comes with training. All these stickers are purely for the liability and our sue happy society.

I'm surprised there's not another warning on the dash.

"WARNING - This car is fast. If you drive like a moron, you will die."

Airbags get a bad rap. Saved thousands, if not millions from death and serious injuries. Yes, some people have been hurt by them, but you're better off with them than without them.
Ive been a firefighter for 17 years. Sounds to me like your a liitle young and not seen the results of an accident that involved serious injury or death. In NY you can get a ticket for altering any safety warning devices on passenger vehicles. I know, your probably not from NY. Furthermore, all vehicle are made differently. Thats why they put air bag tags in certain locations, for safety. Hopefully, when you crash you wont get hurt. But if your conscience enough to tell the rescue workers you put that stupid looking sticker over the existing one they'll still cart you off to the hospital.
So hey guys, dont always think about yourself.

·
Registered
538 Posts
discofan said:
I took the original stickers off my visors with the use of a hair dryer...

I installed the same sticker as you did...

Too cool!!!

Dave :nogrinner :nogrinner :nogrinner :nogrinner
Thats good. Your negligent as well as not to bright.

·
Registered
538 Posts
LeonSORTX said:
I like mine.....
How much did you guys pay for those. Seem like a waste of $$$$ that I could put towards a REAL mod. I stopped playing with stickers in the 6th grade.

·
Registered
305 Posts
HazMatLadder26 said:
How much did you guys pay for those. Seem like a waste of $$$$ that I could put towards a REAL mod. I stopped playing with stickers in the 6th grade.
Hey Hazmat, you have a very valid point and I'm sure everyone appreciates your concern. But those stickers on the visors are just for liability. Oh by the way I took a look at your gallery. You have a very nice car. I noticed the interior mod above your glove compartment. Is that a bolt on mod or is it a STICKER? I like those rally stripes you have. Are they painted on or are they STICKERS? I see you have a OCC decal on your rear window. Do you own an Orange County Chopper or do you just like the STICKER. It looks like somebody still plays with stickers. Be sure you come correct before you start talking [email protected]#t to other members on this board.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've got the same sticker and I always tease my wife about it.....

These stickers are on the SUNVISOR and there is nothing wrong with removing/replacing them.

If a firefighter has been properly trained in vehicle extrication, he has been advised to look for the AIR BAG plaque that is displayed in the bottom left corner of the windshield adjacent to the VIN number. That should not be removed or covered up.

:drink:

·
Registered
538 Posts
ckp73 said:
Hey Hazmat, you have a very valid point and I'm sure everyone appreciates your concern. But those stickers on the visors are just for liability. Oh by the way I took a look at your gallery. You have a very nice car. I noticed the interior mod above your glove compartment. Is that a bolt on mod or is it a STICKER? I like those rally stripes you have. Are they painted on or are they STICKERS? I see you have a OCC decal on your rear window. Do you own an Orange County Chopper or do you just like the STICKER. It looks like somebody still plays with stickers. Be sure you come correct before you start talking [email protected]#t to other members on this board.
I thought thats what everyone was refering to(air bag tags on top of seat with side impact air bags). Maybe I should of clarified things a little bit. Sorry I feel strongly about safety. If I can prevent one stupid mistake its worth it. If you dont care enough about yourself maybe you should consider your family. If that upsets you, too bad.... Oh, and besides the plaque in the windshield is only one indicating device for the FD. Sometimes the persons body maybe covering one of them up, thats why theres more than one. And yes, I still like to play with stickers. And yes, I do have a chopper made by OCC. There shop is about 45mins. from my house. Would you like to see a pic., I guess so since you've pawed over the ones I already have on the site. Let me know if you have any other intellegent comments.:wavey

·
Registered
44 Posts
Strong safety points taken very well from someone who parks his Mustang in a No Parking Zone in front of a Firehouse....

Just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
There are a lot of rules out there. Some people follow them and others don't. There are consequences for doing both.

Speaking as someone whos been dead twice. It ain't so bad.:tongue

·
Registered
538 Posts
Boglin said:
There are a lot of rules out there. Some people follow them and others don't. There are consequences for doing both.

Speaking as someone whos been dead twice. It ain't so bad.:tongue
Cheers:drink:

·
Registered
816 Posts
HazMatLadder26 said:
I thought thats what everyone was refering to(air bag tags on top of seat with side impact air bags). Maybe I should of clarified things a little bit. Sorry I feel strongly about safety. If I can prevent one stupid mistake its worth it. If you dont care enough about yourself maybe you should consider your family. If that upsets you, too bad.... Oh, and besides the plaque in the windshield is only one indicating device for the FD. Sometimes the persons body maybe covering one of them up, thats why theres more than one. And yes, I still like to play with stickers. And yes, I do have a chopper made by OCC. There shop is about 45mins. from my house. Would you like to see a pic., I guess so since you've pawed over the ones I already have on the site. Let me know if you have any other intellegent comments.:wavey
:evilchuck:evilchuck Someone needs a time-out. :rolleyes::heha:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HazMatLadder26 said:
Thats good. Your negligent as well as not to bright.
I think you are overreacting a little but I did only remove the passenger side since I don't let anyone else drive the car. Besides - the horn button and passenger dash are clearly marked with the airbag indication and I seriously doubt a firefighter takes time to check the sun visor before cutting you out of the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is it just me, or does it seem a bit odd that normal people are correcting the fire fighter on fire fighting procedures? I guess I just tend to go with the experts on things like this.

While all new cars do have air bags, it has not always been that way. And even more recently, they had driver bags, but not passenger. Somehow I doubt that all fire fighters are trained to recognize all model years, but they are told what to look for.

So if they do see the little SRS insignia on the steering wheel, and no sticker, or a joke sticker, on the passenger side, it would be easy for them to figure that the car only has driver side airbags. Remember, if someone is trapped in a car, seconds count.

Guess I care a bit to much for my passengers to remove a safety sticker. Same way that I make sure the seatbelts work, and that they wear them.

Just my .02

1 - 20 of 164 Posts