Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now the mustang i just got is a 2006 V6 Pretty much everything is stock exept the saker 500 audio system and some lights on the front anybody can give me ideas on what to get? performance upgrades? horsepower upgrades? even cosmetic upgrades? i have 1000 to blow on it so any help guys :D

·
Registered
477 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JLT 2005-2009 Mustang V6 Cold Air Intake & SCT SF3 Custom Tuner Combo Kit at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Question Answered! This will really wake up your mustang!

Cosmetic I would probably go with some new rims to start out.

If you want your car to be a little louder, I would look into going Dual exhaust, Just get some GT take off mufflers and have a shop fabricate you a mid pipe or do what i did and get straight piping from the cats all the way back. Sounds great.
i dont want to sound stupid or like i dont know what i am talking about, but i dont know haha i kinda new to this so anyone care to explain to me what does the cold air intake system and the tunner do :D? i was a lil confused on those two :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
i dont want to sound stupid or like i dont know what i am talking about, but i dont know haha i kinda new to this so anyone care to explain to me what does the cold air intake system and the tunner do :D? i was a lil confused on those two :)
the intake is less restrictive and allows more air to be brought in, resulting in more horsepower. the tuner will also change your air to fuel ratio to maximize performance and throttle response. you should gain like 30-40 hp with that. the tuner itself is so worth it, but buy them both as a pack, you will feel the difference

·
Registered
1,580 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Rear deck panel is always a nice touch :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice lookin stang, very clean. The window louvers would look nice, but first grab a shorty antenna for about $15 (That tower has got to go) :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh i just came back too it was crazy i was hanging out with my friend and this guy with a GT pulls to my side, i know it sounds crazy and suicide but this guy passes me and we both just took off he beat me on that one but the second round i passed him and we were just freaking racing arround the street he sucked at driving so he could only beat me on straights and i know my V6 had no way beating that V8 Gt but hahaha i was pretty valiant and kept smoking him trough the street. i had like 3 more races and i smoked them all except that GT V8 mustang that felt like a loss to me even tough i am proud that i could keep up . It gets pretty crazy here in dallas at night haha.

Anyways i really need some performance upgrades i felt like my stang was a little slow switching transmitions or just accelerating. Anything helps guys.

Also i believe you guys a little more than this people i talked to i told this guy from automotive about installing the cold air intake system and he just like said it was good but that i could **** up the engine and that i should get some internal engine mods first so the cold air intake does it max. So any tips guys :) anything helps ! i dont want to **** my stang up so any tips help guys!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
get that tuner combo (and btw, you will only get like 20-25 hp not 40.) buy a set of GT takeoffs for 50 bucks. thats 600 gone. go get the gt takeoffs installed and have a h pipe custom made for another 200. thats 800 gone. then you can save up for gears, or buy some louvers or something

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
takeoffs can be found pretty much anywhere. craigslist or ebay is a good place to find em. the pipes, the shop will make. very easy :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
190 Posts
yea i have a rear spoiler and fog lights. Fog lights dont work so u guys think theyr just for show or should i get them looked? those are nice

try pulling on the switch that u use to turn the headlights on. if u pull that out the fogs should come on. n if they dont check to see if ur brights are stuck on.

just a thought

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
omg i feel so stupid haha as soon as i read this i ran outside turned the car and pulled it i was like so happy hahaha yea i gues fog lights turn on now! so what kind of shop am i looking for ???

·
Registered
27 Posts
May want to consider a rear gear change.(your differential gears).The best "seat of the pants" performance upgrade you can do per dollar spent in my opinion.Gear set/install kit about $240.00.About $300 to have them changed.I replaced the factory 3.31's with a set of 4.10's from summit in my 07 gt.If your not sure how or why it works then look at it like this.
Remember that 10 or 18 speed bike you have or had?? Well..Do you recall how much more work it took to start out in lets say 10th gear versus 1st gear? Felt like you were trying to pull a house down behind you in 10th right? Technicly put what i am describing is torque multiplication. A higher numbered gear is generaly referred to as a short gear such as 4.10 or up.A 3.08 is considered a tall gear by most.The shorter or smaller the gear,the better the utilization of the torque that your engine puts out.I only dropped 1 mpg on average when i put my 4.10's in as the engine is in a slightly higher rpm band because of the gear change.Some of the mpg loss could be recovered by a aftermarket cold air kit and a flash tuner.I recommend a sct tuner.Cold air kits as far as the brands go tend to be over rated.I bought a spectre cold air kitfrom autozone.I believe they are under a $100.00 now and flow over 850 cfm which a stock motor would hardly need.And look really nice.Nice big conical filter.Hope this helps and wish you success.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This does a lot, i am going to go to a parts store to see if i can get this. Sounds like a great idea too i am going to try it! thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hey you should check out my profile and see some of my pics of what I did with a $1000. I got some Ford racing GTA mufflers, a Shelby rear bumper and had some custom dual exhaust built for it. It never fails, wherever I go people stop and look at it. Hands down the best 1000 I put into my car. Keep in mind I did all the paint work myself so I could stay within budget but thats not a big deal to me, body and paint work comes natural :winks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts