Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering how you guys get these Stangs to bark!! I have an 89 GT with the basic bolt-ons and 3.73 gears. I cant get this thing to chirp in any gear!

Do I need to power shift, speed shift or both?? I dont want to ruin my tranny so any input would help. Thanks!!!

G

·
What bolt-ons do you have besides gears? Power shifting can definately help but you need to be very careful not to destroy your transmission or miss a shift. I would look at increasing my horsepower. There are also some inexpensive ways to improve performance such as removing the air box and bumping the timing. Thats why I ask, what bolt-ons and modification have you already made?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.... I have cai, tb, maf, intake, pulleys, full exhaust (x pipe w/o cats), lowering springs, pro shifter and nitto tires. Maybe I need more torque or practice??? thanks for your response!!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Power shift, but it is hard on drivetrain components. Don't let off the gas at all when you shift. Bang em like you stole it and don't care. Also you clutch may be worn and it may not ever chirp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.